email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipex POP increasing sync errors making the service unuseable

Artistef
Chat Champion
Message 53 of 53

I have a long standing Pipex account and over the last few months I have several had long periods - sometimes an entire afternoon, when I cannot receive e-mails. My connection has been down all day today, and intermittent for the last week. I am using pop.dsl.pipex with Outlook for Mac v16.9, and I get regular sync errors, either 'Connection to server failed or was dropped' or "An operation on the server timed out'. The messages are there when i use a netmail on a browser, and I don't seem to have any trouble sending. I have other devices connecting with IMAP and they seem unnaffected, but I need the POP account for my workflow. Does anyone have a fix?

0 Likes
52 REPLIES 52

Message 21 of 53

Hi stevesurrey,

Sorry for the delay, has it been any different over the last couple of weeks or just the same?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 22 of 53

OCE_Ady I've heard absoultely nothing since you raised a fault ticket for me. Should I have by now as its been almost 2 weeks ?

Eureka! Pipex mailboxes have migrated!
0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 23 of 53

Thanks. I should have spotted it sooner. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 24 of 53

Ady I have just replied to your PM.

0 Likes

Message 25 of 53

Hi stevesurrey, just check you PMs for me so that I can get the ticket raised for you. Please.  

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 26 of 53

Servers have been so bad these last few days I've also reached the conclusion its just a fluke whenever they manage to work. Mind u, I'm not so sure it was a fluke that the only email I've been able to get today was from TT with my latest bill !! How ironic.

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 27 of 53

Ok so that suggests that the working session was probably a fluke. 

0 Likes

Message 28 of 53

It was working for 3 hours from 9.11, then the errors started appearing at 12.21, sporadically at first, now it's just as bad as ever

0 Likes

Message 29 of 53

FIngers crossed. Keep us updated and I'll keep checking the ticket. 

0 Likes

Message 30 of 53

Thanks Ady. I've just started receiving a lot of duplicated e-mails which usually indicates some kind of server maintenance, here's hoping!

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 31 of 53

Thanks I've passed those over. It seems the last ticket is still in the Email Admins queue. The new one is promoted and has been escalated for you. The only updated on the last ticket is we seem to have had a temporary issue with the servers on that day, I've pointed out that it happens regularly on lots of days. 

0 Likes

Message 32 of 53

Hi Ady, thanks for your efforts. Here's a capture of this morning's errors, though most e-mails have been getting through so far today - unlike the last few daysScreen Shot 2018-06-11 at 12.41.52.png

0 Likes

Message 33 of 53

I've raised this back to the Email Admins again for you Artistef. If you could send me more of the details with the failed logins as you did last time that would be fantastic. Due to limitations I had to delete the previous message containing them. 

0 Likes

Message 34 of 53

I figure the problem is this. It seems pointless raising a ticket because these are not responded to. POP3 is an obsolete protocol and TalkTalk either don’t know how or can’t be assed to sort out a fix for this, If a fix involves wholesale server replacement it may be too expensive to implement. Either way I’d prefer them to stop hiding like there are bailiffs at the door and tell the customer. If they can no longer support POP let us know. Customer support involves a bit of communication.

0 Likes

Message 35 of 53
Agreed, connectivity has been pretty poor this week, as usual it does work in the end, can can take 5 or 6 goes in a row for me to get a connection, and even then it takes ages to actually connect and download the email. Occasionally I get hours on end where it will just never connect so I have to give up and come back later.
0 Likes

Message 36 of 53

POP incoming mail has been almost completely unuseable for the last 3 days. My currrent deal with TalkTalk has now expired so I'll be looking elsewhere.

0 Likes

Message 37 of 53

I've had this sent back to the email admins. 

0 Likes

Message 38 of 53

Hi, Still nothing, Service is still as flaky as ever, had virtually no e-mails in on POP/Outlook last Friday. I have set up Apple Mail for IMAP, which I run when I see the errors stacking up on Outlook, and that ususally pulls in the missing e-mails, this is just a stopgap and not a proper fix though.

0 Likes

Message 39 of 53

Hi Artistef, did you get any updates from my colleagues on this?

0 Likes

Message 40 of 53
@Artistef, did you ever hear anything.

p.s. Email has been rubbish today
0 Likes