email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipex POP increasing sync errors making the service unuseable

Artistef
Chat Champion
Message 53 of 53

I have a long standing Pipex account and over the last few months I have several had long periods - sometimes an entire afternoon, when I cannot receive e-mails. My connection has been down all day today, and intermittent for the last week. I am using pop.dsl.pipex with Outlook for Mac v16.9, and I get regular sync errors, either 'Connection to server failed or was dropped' or "An operation on the server timed out'. The messages are there when i use a netmail on a browser, and I don't seem to have any trouble sending. I have other devices connecting with IMAP and they seem unnaffected, but I need the POP account for my workflow. Does anyone have a fix?

0 Likes
52 REPLIES 52

Message 41 of 53

Hopefully, you won't have too much longer to wait. I've sent a chaser to the team for you. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 42 of 53

No, not heard anything

0 Likes

Message 43 of 53

Have you had any updates? 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 44 of 53

Service has been functional over the weekend, but back to its old tricks again today, no e-mails received all afternoon, and still down 

0 Likes

Message 45 of 53

Thanks for all that information. I've raised the fault ticket and passed it straight to the Email Admins. 

0 Likes

Message 46 of 53

Hi Ady, just done that. Unusually today there have been no errors since 01.31

0 Likes

Message 47 of 53

Hi Artisef, it would really help if you add all the affected emails to the private notes section of your profile. 

0 Likes

Message 48 of 53

Hi Ady

Thanks, I’ve added my phone numbers, All my Pipex e-mail addresses are affected, and for the last week it has been down for hours at a time throughout the day, then the connection works reasonably well for about 10 -15 minutes, pulls in all the stacked up mail, then fails to connect for another long period. Worst periods seem to be between 10am to 5pm. Here's a a screen shot earlier today of part of the Outlook Sync Errors log. Screen Shot 2018-05-16 at 09.14.51.png

0 Likes

Message 49 of 53

Hi Artisef, I can log this fault for you. I need you to update your profile to include landline, mobile numbers and the affected email address. It will also help if you can give me dates and times when this fails. This is not being investigated as a widespread issue so I'll have to raise a fault ticket for you in order to get it fixed for you. 

0 Likes

Message 50 of 53

Thanks, I'll check that out. Depressing prognosis though!

0 Likes

Message 51 of 53
The service has been intermittent for many months, but I have noticed that over the last week it has been particularly bad, so this may be an indication that whatever the fault is, it might be getting worse. Due to the number of people all experiencing the exact same issue we are quite sure the problem lies within TalkTalk's systems and is not an issue with your machine / email client / settings.
0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 52 of 53
Hi,

You are not alone !

Please see our ongoing discussion on this issue here : https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Email-Webmail/Problem-with-Pipex-POP-server/td-p/2158969

No fix has been found, and we don't really know if it is being actively investigated any more.
0 Likes