email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipex Pop Server Issue Again!

SiHancox
Super Duper Contributor
Message 193 of 193

Hi,

I've noticed a general deterioration in the performance of the Pipex Pop Server over the last few weeks and it's now getting to the stage that a loss of connection is occurring each day for some period of time.

You will no doubt be aware this is not a new problem but in fact an ongoing issue due to server age.

Could an OCE please get the Backroom Staff to have a look at trying to improve things in the short term and would it be possible for an update on Pipex customer migration to the new system, because it was back in early Dec '19 that an email was sent notifying this was imminent, nearly 3 months ago!

Thank you.

0 Likes
192 REPLIES 192

Message 81 of 193

The team are doing everything they can. The unauthorised logins are blocked as soon as possible. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Muddymedic
Super Duper Contributor
Message 82 of 193

Hi @Ady-TalkTalk Thanks for the update.  I'm afraid that I didn't get a chance to check this before, but I was out of the house very early this morning and have just got back.  I'm glad to say that it is working fine now, so thanks for that.  However, we keep on seeing this pattern of it tending to work ok until about noon, and then go downhill in the afternoon and into the evening, so well have to see.  Regards

0 Likes

Message 83 of 193

Firstly, I fully agree with the comments made by @Muddymedic which echo the thoughts and concerns I've held for a while now. Obviously nothing now will happen, if at all, until this pandemic is over.

@Ady-TalkTalk I really admire your optimism that migration will still happen. Obviously you are better placed to reach that conclusion but I, as a Pipex user and TT customer, see no evidence to support that whatsoever. In fact quite the opposite, as the promised migration has been delayed umpteen times (even after sending out the 'comms'). Perhaps if TT had been more open with us about the process and, importantly, the reasons for all the delays we might share your confidence.

Since we are stuck with the old, flagging Pipex email platform for many more months can you reassure us that more will be done to keep it running as best as it can since communication is vital now?

Eureka! Pipex mailboxes have migrated!
0 Likes

Message 84 of 193

Hi savvyowl, how are you accessing your mail and what errors are you getting? We've got no errors showing on the logs and the team are happy with the way the servers are running.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 85 of 193

That's great, thanks for letting us know it's sorted.

Ady

Message 86 of 193

Mine is still not working ☹️

0 Likes

Message 87 of 193

Seems to be okay so far this morning thanks.

0 Likes

Message 88 of 193

Hi all, the team tell me that they cleared the queues again last night at the start of a new shift and that should mean you've had no trouble since shortly after 8.

Ady

Message 89 of 193

Hi all, thanks for letting us know. I've passed this on to the team. 

I really wouldn't be expecting the migration to move forward during this period. As you might have seen BT OpenReach are now only working emergencies and repairs. Telco's are classed as key industries now and our focus is going to be on keeping landline and broadband services running. I know it's been a long wait for you and I know it's going to be a little while longer yet, but we will get you moved onto the new platform eventually.

Ady

Muddymedic
Super Duper Contributor
Message 90 of 193

Hi @SiHancox  and @Ady-TalkTalk I was obviously premature!  POP is now back to 'normal' (ie not functioning) for me, so the fix does not seem to have worked (again).  So, Pipex mail does not seem to be working properly (agreed?). Every time a fix is put in place it falls over again (agreed?). I think we all now that this is due largely to compromised Pipex addresses (agreed?).  Migration has been put on hold again (agreed?) due apparently to CORVID-19 issues.  As someone who is working every day, all day, in disease and infection control at the moment, I can sort of understand and support that, at least in principle.  However, the work to prepare TalkTalk for that should have been done by now (if not, why not?).

A simple series of questions (and you should excuse the bluntness here, but I'm a bit weary):

• Why should we have any confidence that the promised migration will take place 'soon', 'imminently', 'this year' or 'at all'?  The goalposts move all the time about this.
  • Is it now not time for TT to 'fess up and abandon Pipex migration as being in the too difficult category, and stop mucking Pipex users about?  Eighteen months of shifting sands have been a long and tedious time.  
  • If that is decided, we'd need a while to get everything Pipex-related changed to some other platform, even though that would mean a burden on some of your customers (I have to say that I have already started that process, and this latest episode will encourage me to ramp that effort up, when I get time).  Of course, you may lose some customers over this, but that's your problem for not sorting this out before.

One thing is for sure: we can't go on like this indefinitely, can we?  I really don't think that is unreasonable now?

Let's get a definitive solution sorted out for this, in short order now, please.

Regards and keep well.

0 Likes

SiHancox
Super Duper Contributor
Message 91 of 193

Been up and down for me as well, whatever is being done to "fix" this issue isn't working for very long, ranges from several days (three weeks ago) to half a day at the moment.

Not sure if the "fix" is being applied as religiously as before or whether whoever is causing the issue have just learnt a workaround, but in these difficult times staying in reliable contact with loved ones is not being made easy.

Appreciate you are pushing this one @Ady-TalkTalk , but could you ask whoever is managing this issue why the fix isn't lasting.

Many thanks.

0 Likes

Muddymedic
Super Duper Contributor
Message 92 of 193

Hi @Pianist2 .  I had some issues downloading from POP a while ago, but it seems ok again now.  We'll see.  Regards

0 Likes

Message 93 of 193

Sorry Ady, but I'm afraid the fix hasn't lasted very long.

I'm not able to receive emails on my Pipex address again. I have just sent myself something from my Gmail account and it hasn't come through. The last email I received was nearly an hour and a half ago and I have been getting error messages ever since. The message says that the error is 0x800CCC0F - the connection to the server was interrupted.

0 Likes

Message 94 of 193

Oh and thanks for posting to let me know it's sorted. 

Ady

0 Likes

Message 95 of 193

As long as I'm here it should get fixed quickly. 

Ady

0 Likes

Message 96 of 193

Yes @Ady-TalkTalk pleased to say normal service has been resumed. Thanks.

I hope that next time the service deteriorates, as history tells us it most surely will, we don't have to wait one or two weeks again for this fix to be applied.

0 Likes

Muddymedic
Super Duper Contributor
Message 97 of 193

Good morning @Ady-TalkTalk Thanks for all this.  It certainly seems to be working well now.  Regards.

Message 98 of 193

Hi all, I'm told the unauthorised logins have been blocked. You should all now be able to get connected normally. Please retest and let me know if you can now connect. 

Ady

0 Likes

Message 99 of 193

@Ady-TalkTalk Yes of course I fully understand that Covid-19 means a change in priorities. Its just a shame that TT didnt complete the migration in the past 18 months.

Of course now that we are all in lockdown having working email is of even greater importance so I hope TT's engineers can keep the Pipex servers functioning as well as possible. 

0 Likes

Message 100 of 193

Hi stevesurrey, unfortunately there's no news on the migration. I think you'll understand that getting everything ready to allow us to continue to support customers through the Corona virus took priority in the last week or two. 

Ady

0 Likes