email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipex Pop Server Issue Again!

SiHancox
Super Duper Contributor
Message 193 of 193

Hi,

I've noticed a general deterioration in the performance of the Pipex Pop Server over the last few weeks and it's now getting to the stage that a loss of connection is occurring each day for some period of time.

You will no doubt be aware this is not a new problem but in fact an ongoing issue due to server age.

Could an OCE please get the Backroom Staff to have a look at trying to improve things in the short term and would it be possible for an update on Pipex customer migration to the new system, because it was back in early Dec '19 that an email was sent notifying this was imminent, nearly 3 months ago!

Thank you.

0 Likes
192 REPLIES 192

Muddymedic
Super Duper Contributor
Message 161 of 193

Thank you about the log-in issues, as I have been unable to access any emails via Outlook for the past hour or so, with the usual error messages!  Thank, too, for raising the migration piece.  I look forward (I think!) to hearing some (hopefully) positive progress on this.  Have a well-earned leave next week.  Happy Birthday!  Regards

0 Likes

Message 162 of 193

I'll have a word with the admins and see if the logins issue is more regular than the normal once per week at the moment.

Re the migration I got to have a chat and reinforce your concerns yesterday. I'm hopeful that we/you will hear something soon. I've been given a commitment that I'll be updated. I'm on leave next week to celebrate my 50th so I'll copy Chris in and ask him to update you in my absence. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

SiHancox
Super Duper Contributor
Message 163 of 193

Hi @stevesurrey 

Probably, was ok around 0700Hrs but just got back in and getting errors while trying to download messages, so it's lasted about 5 days!

@Ady-TalkTalk 

I really believe the server requiring restarting twice weekly, could you please check what the current frequency is and if it's not every 3 or 4 days can we get it scheduled to be done.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 164 of 193

Think you have jinxed things @SiHancox 

Servers have been bad for me all morning but have now ground to a complete halt. Usual array of faults from credential popups, timeouts and outright rejection.

@Ady-TalkTalk  any word from the big cheese yet regrading migration?

Eureka! Pipex mailboxes have migrated!
0 Likes

Message 165 of 193

I'll let them know it's working well at the moment.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

SiHancox
Super Duper Contributor
Message 166 of 193

Hi @Ady-TalkTalk 

Thanks, would appreciate being kept informed regarding progress on this migration.

Just to confirm the Pipex POP server has been very responsive over last few days, even now it's very quick to get mail, so until the actual migration happens it would be nice if the backroom team can keep doing whatever they are currently.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 167 of 193

I'll let you know as soon as I find out more. I have been told that a senior colleague does have more information for us.

Ady

0 Likes

SiHancox
Super Duper Contributor
Message 168 of 193

Hi @Ady-TalkTalk 

Sorry to hear you had been unwell and glad you are feeling a little better now.

Since my last post the situation appears to have improved, whether I've just been lucky and avoided to bad periods I'm unsure, but when I do get mail it's certainly been a lot snappier.

Anyhow, realise you will not see this until Monday but just want to let you know, and like Steve would appreciate any further news on the migration.

0 Likes

Message 169 of 193

I'm good now thanks. I'll see what information we can get for you.

Ady

0 Likes

Message 170 of 193

Sorry to hear that @Ady-TalkTalk I wish you a speedy recovery.

0 Likes

Message 171 of 193

HI stevesurrey, unfortunately I've been unwell and absent for the last 3 days. I'm back in the office on Tuesday, but I've dropped an email to those I was going to be meeting up with and will keep you all updated.

Ady

0 Likes

Message 172 of 193

@Ady-TalkTalk so what was the outcome of your meeting on Tuesday? I hope I am wrong but I'm guessing it wasnt good news else you would have shared that with us by now.

0 Likes

SiHancox
Super Duper Contributor
Message 173 of 193

Hi @Chris-TalkTalk 

Same as Steve, couldn't get anything about an hour ago, it's still up and down, has the server actually been restarted or are we just being told that, because it's behaving as though it's on its last legs at the moment.

0 Likes

Message 174 of 193

@Chris-TalkTalk yes they were OK. But that was yesterday. Today they are back to being near unusable for me yet again. Numerous timeouts or rejections. Think servers must be overdue a restart.

0 Likes

Message 175 of 193

Glad to hear it's working again, apologies again for the ongoing intermittent issues

Chris

0 Likes

SiHancox
Super Duper Contributor
Message 176 of 193

Hi @Muddymedic 

Just checked again at 0735Hrs and can also confirm I'm getting through again, the Mail App certainly behaves differently when the server is responding, I wonder if it was reset at 0730Hrs?

0 Likes

Muddymedic
Super Duper Contributor
Message 177 of 193

Good morning.  I'm away from home, so using Pipex Webmail to access my emails.  I even had issues first thing this morning logging in, with multiple failures on both Windows 10 and Android, but it seems to be working now.  Regards

0 Likes

SiHancox
Super Duper Contributor
Message 178 of 193

Hi @Muddymedic 

I was ok yesterday or it was at the times I was retrieving mail, but trying this morning at 0630Hrs got the error messages. Had a coffee and left Mac to keep trying and finally managed to get success at 0650Hrs (it took 20 mins to get through!), thereafter it's been a series of error messages again up to 0725Hrs then I gave up.

Hi@Ady-TalkTalk 

This is what I mean by "inconsistency", the improvement from restarts in the past certainly lasted longer that a couple of days so could you please check when or even if these restarts are actually being done.

This is the error message the Mac gives when it fails to get through, it's as though the server has disappeared!

Screenshot 2020-03-03 at 07.13.38.png

PS. I tried again at 0735Hrs and it appears to be backup and running again, still would appreciate if you could find out about these restarts though, they wouldn't be happening at 0730Hrs by any chance.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 179 of 193

@Ady-TalkTalk wrote:

Hi SiHancox, we regularly restart the servers I'd be surprised if you are still having problems. If you are please let me know. 

Re the migration we had a meeting on Friday that's led to another meeting tomorrow where I raised the isseu of the lack of communication since the initial mail you may have received in December. I'm told I might have at least an update once I've had the meeting tomorrow. I'll post back and let you know. 

Ady

Quite appropriate timing as I got the warning email about migration exactly 3 months ago today.

I look forward to the update tomorrow with great interest.

0 Likes

Muddymedic
Super Duper Contributor
Message 180 of 193

Bump.  And all very timely, as it's been another afternoon/evening of Pipex poor or non-connectivity (for me at least), with the 'usual' crop of error messages.  Regards.

0 Likes