email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipex account Quota Exceeded

Dach1
Popular Poster
Message 7 of 7

Hi there, I'm using Pipex and recently received warnings about "Quota Exceeded" for my inbox.  I duly deleted old emails and purged the Trash.  The quota went down from 104% to about 70% but then suddenly has gone back up to 100% with no activity.  I have had to stop Outlook on my desktop linking to Pipex because of the continuous "Quota exceeded" warnings and my Pipex account can't send or receive.  Advice would be much appreciated!

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi Dach1, as Gondola has said the final round of the migration has started. You'll get 2 weeks notice of the move with the first email. Unfortunately, as always I'm not able to tell you where individual mailboxes are in the process. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 7

Hi Dach1 

Ady's not here right now so will pick up next week.

The migration of the remaining legacy mailboxes is in the pipeline. We've seen that a few other legacy customers have started to receive the sequence of mail notifications from TalkTalk.  These give guidance on preparing for the migration. There's no fixed timetable.

There's useful guidance for you in the TalkTalk Mail Support Hub in the section Upgrading to TalkTalk Mail.

The sequence of emails from TalkTalk will culminate in an upgrade complete mail message at which point you'll be able to sign in to TalkTalk Mail here and carry out some essential tasks like setting up your password recovery Reset details to allow you to change your password.

Just be aware that if your mail address is known to scammers you could be targeted with phishing emails. The From: address in the arrow brackets <> in the raw email header will not be genuine talktalk. Help with Phishing emails 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

Message 3 of 7
Hi Ady, many thanks. Gondola mentioned migrating the old Pipex accounts to TalkTalk but any idea of the time frame?
0 Likes

Message 4 of 7
Many thanks Gondola for the swift answer and really helpful!
0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 7

Hi Dach1, Gondola is right you're doing the right things already. Please let us know how you get on.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

Hi @Dach1 

You're doing exactly the right thing to delete unwanted mail messages from the Pipex mailbox and emptying trash to release space in the mailbox.  The quota is only 100MB so tiny in comparison to the 10GB that it will be when the mailbox is migrated to the TalkTalk Mail platform.

Most users with limited online mailbox quota would set up Outlook as a POP3 mailbox to download and delete messages from the Inbox after a set time.

It looks like Outlook is reinstating mail messages. Not an unknown issue. The mail messages held by Outlook could be just marked for deletion but haven't been purged from the Inbox.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution