email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipex email address

mrmacadoo
First Timer
Message 4 of 4

Hi

I have been using an old @dsl.pipex.com email address for 20 or so years.

I was with Pipex, then Tiscali, then TalkTalk, with no problem.

The old pipex address was not one of the 5 email address linked to my TalkTalk account.

I can no longer access my Pipex email, nor can I reset the password as the web page wants to send the instructions to the email address I cannot access.

My email address appears to be active, as I do not get any address unknow email bounced messages when I send a test mail.

My partner's email still works, but mine does not.  As it is so old it is attached to some relatively important sites/services.

Can anyone help on the steps required to reset it.

Thanks

@Ady-TalkTalk

@Chris-TalkTalk

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 4

Thanks for the information mrmacadoo. I've raised the request to have the password reset details updated for you. You can check for updates intermittently by going to Password Reset Tool.  

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 2 of 4

Hi mrmacadoo, I've sent you a personal message to obtain more information. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 3 of 4

Hi mrmacadoo 

Ady or Chris will respond from Tuesday onwards i.e. after the Bank Holiday.

I'll let them know that you've not set up password recovery options for the pipex mailbox. These are set up by the user via the mailbox webmail sign in so perhaps you've not used that sign in. You have to set them up whilst you have access to webmail. When you do get access, go via the main settings menu (triple lines top right header) and the menu item Update your reset details.

A TalkTalk Support member (usually Ady) will need to verify you as the registered email user and set up your password recovery alternate email address and mobile number (the Reset details) so you can send a password reset link or code to authenticate a password change.

So, to prepare for TalkTalk Support - include in the Community Profile (not in these public posts):

Account holder name, TalkTalk home 'phone number (if not Data Only broadband)

Alternative mobile contact number. Full address with postcode (in the Location box)

Scroll down to Private notes to add the email address needing recovery

Check and Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

A TalkTalk Support member will reply to this thread and then Community Personal Message you to confirm your customer account details and or details related to the original registration of the email address.

When verified the Reset details will be set up during a working week within 24 hours allowing you to set your own password via the Forgotten your password journey. Make sure the password is ultra-strong and unique to the mailbox. Check via the  TalkTalk Mail sign in that you can access the mailbox.

I assume you're aware that TalkTalk customers are allowed the 5 mailboxes linked to their customer MyAccount. Which implies that the pipex mailbox could be declared an orphan address not linked to any customer MyAccount and therefore flagged for deletion.  Just to make you aware of that possibility.

Let us know if you need more guidance.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes