email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipex email cannot connect to server

crusoe80
Conversation Starter
Message 16 of 16

I'm set up with an imap Pipex account which I have had since they were first going. Occassionaly I get the pop up box asking to enter user name and password for the server imap.dsl.pipex.com but the last week it has significantly got worse to the point today I now cannot sync and doing a send/receive in outlook a pop states unable to contact the server.

I can access via webmail and on the iphone.

What have either TalkTalk or Microsoft done in terms of settings. Last week to try to resolve I deleted my account in outlook and re-set up but this has not resolved the issue

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16

Thanks crusoe80, I've logged the fault ticket for you. I've provided them all the information you've provided. You should get updates by text.

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Pal353
Super Duper Contributor
Message 2 of 16

This problem goes back months if not years. Why not scroll down the entries until you come to ten pages of comments on it, the most recent being 27 April? It has been bad over this bank Holiday.

Pal353
0 Likes

crusoe80
Conversation Starter
Message 3 of 16

9:08 tried to sync email but pop up cannot connect to server. Who should this be escalated to now ?

0 Likes

crusoe80
Conversation Starter
Message 4 of 16

22:57 trying to synch email but constant Pop up

0 Likes

crusoe80
Conversation Starter
Message 5 of 16

18:35 not 1:35

0 Likes

crusoe80
Conversation Starter
Message 6 of 16

And then it did sync new messages but now keep getting the name/password pop up and created a test message at 1:35 which is showing in the sent box but nothing in the inbox so not synching

0 Likes

Message 7 of 16

Once again unable to sync with message as per attached email. If this is an issue with TalkTalk who do I escalate this to ?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 8 of 16

Thanks. I don't think anything has taken place. I think it's running in it normal intermittent rhythm.

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 16

Done, email has synched this morning so far without any pop-ups, has something changed, would like to understand what took place ? Thanks

0 Likes

Message 10 of 16

That's all we need. If you can add your landline and mobile numbers to your profile along with the affected email address I can get this logged to the Email Admins for you. 

0 Likes

crusoe80
Conversation Starter
Message 11 of 16

I've now deleted my password from the Account in Outlook, reentered exactly the same password and a test mail has gone through at 22:30

0 Likes

Message 12 of 16

Ok, logged on at 22:15 and tonight emails synched from Sunday, Monday and Tuesday but I also then got the message in the attached file.

I’ve then tried to send a test email at 22:21 and the pop up comes up and the mail wont send

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 13 of 16

Can you help me to help you try getting on a couple of times and record the time for me. It'll give the admins a way to track it through the logs. 

0 Likes

Message 14 of 16

Hi, yes as soon as I started outlook (Microsoft Office 2013) the pop up in the attached file came up and keeps coming up. email is not synching at all on the PC although on my iphone is fine and I can access webmail. I've not changed anything on my PC that would have triggered this issue.

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 15 of 16

Hi crusoe80, are you still having problems with it today? If you are please let me have a screenshot of the error and the time that the fault occurs. I'll then have to raise a fault ticket for you. 

0 Likes