email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipex email hacked

Jodie13
Chatterbox
Message 13 of 13

Hi, I received a phishing email that contained my password for my pipex email. My account has definitely been compromised and I need assistance in changing the password please 

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

That's great news, thanks for letting us know 🙂

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 13

Hi I have a new password, thank you for all your help 

Message 3 of 13

I've asked Ranadheer to call you today. Please let us know how you get on. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 13

Anytime today or tomorrow will be good, thank you 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 13

I will ask Ranadheer to call back. What's the best time to get hold of you? 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 13

I had a missed call off TalkTalk yesterday about the password reset but unfortunately I was at work. They said they’ll ring back later that day but never did. Will they ring back today? 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 13

That means the admins have changed the password. I'll send a chaser now for you. We normally can't send one for 3 days but if it's been reset then we should be ok. Hopefully, this means you'll get a call today.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 13

That’s fine. I can no longer access the email account, is this normal?

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 13

Hi Jodie13,

We have to allow 3-5 working days for this to be resolved. If you don't hear back by Thursday then please let us know and we can chase for an update for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 10 of 13

Thank you for that. Do you think I’ll have a new password by the end of the week because I don’t like someone having access to it for so long.

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 11 of 13

Hi Jodie13, I've raised the fault ticket for you. Pipex mail resets have to go to the Email Admins and can take 3-5 working days to be completed. Please post back if you haven't heard by Thursday. 

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 12 of 13

Hi @Jodie13

Assistance has been summoned and the TalkTalk Community Team will respond here tomorrow.

If your pipex email password has been cracked or obtained from another website hacking and your email account compromised as a result then of course it's vital to get it secured and a new ultra-strong password provided for you.

You'll need to prove you're the legal owner of the email with 5 items of personal data that only you would know. Double check that you've added to your Community Profile, Personal Information (Click here) all of the following in the Private Notes area at the bottom of the page (To which only you and authorised TalkTalk Community Team UK staff have access):

• Email address affected
  • Your Full Name
  • Date of Birth
  • Landline 'phone number linked to the pipex email address when first registered
  • Full postal address linked to the pipex email address when first registered
  • Include your mobile contact number and times to call - daytimes when you'll be there in person to receive the password and speak to the email team
    (for your security they won't leave a message with the password and there's no number to call them)
  • Save changes.

The TalkTalk Community support team will verify the details recorded for the owner of the email address. The email expert will reply here to help with authorising the password change by the pipex email admins.

Scan all your devices with anti-virus and anti-malware software solutions just to make sure passwords aren't obtained by keyloggers.

If you've used the same password elsewhere, in association with any email address, then do update those passwords with ultra-strong multi-case letters, numbers and allowed symbols of at least 10 characters (is my minimum recommendation).  Advice from CyberAware about passwords. Advice from GetSafeOnline about passwords.  To see if your email address has been obtained from any know hacking you may find out from haveibeenpwned.

If you discover any fraud then the place to report that is ActionFraudUK.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes