email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipex email - password reset

Stephen70
First Timer
Message 9 of 9

Hi, I'm messaging on behalf of my 84 year old mother, who has a Pipex e-mail address. We recently bought her a new laptop. She had previously used Windows Live Mail on her old computer, but now has to use Outlook. We are having difficulty setting up her e-mail on her new laptop and cant remember the password. I tried to go into talktalks website to do a password reset, but because her e-mail ends in dsl.pipex.com, talktalk doesnt recognise it.  From searching the message board, it looks like others have had a similar problem and arranged resets via this forum, so if you can help us, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks

Stephen

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi Stephen, all of Gondola's advice is good. You won't go wrong following it. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 9

Yes, it's a subscription service for non-TalkTalk mail users to retain the use of a TalkTalk Mail address. £5 per month or £50 a year by Direct Debit.

But to subscribe the master email address must be used to authenticate the subscription. So, take time to decide and wait until the password recovery is sorted and mum is advised of the master pipex email address. 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Stephen70
First Timer
Message 3 of 9

Hi, thank you for explaining that. Before Mum signs up, she has one query - if she follows the steps in the last message, ie subscribe to Talk Talk Mail Plus, will she be liable for a monthly charge, which seems to be, if we have interpreted things correctly, £5 per month?

Thank you.

Stephen

Message 4 of 9

Understood.

TalkTalk can find the master address linked to the alias address.

There's an important heads up that, for non-TalkTalk customers, mailboxes will be limited to webmail only access and ultimately deleted if the user chooses not to become a TalkTalk Consumer customer via a MailPlus subscription (mail only) or a home broadband package (mail included). 

Subscribe to   TalkTalk Mail Plus to retain the use of a TalkTalk Mail email address.

I'll let TalkTalk know that the password recovery options aren't available. A TalkTalk Support member will need to verify you as the registered email user and set up your password recovery alternate email address and mobile number (the Reset details) so you can send a password reset link or code to authenticate a password change.

A TalkTalk Support member will reply to this thread from Monday onwards and then Community Personal Message your mum to confirm the details related to the original registration of the pipex email address.

When verified the Reset details will be set up during a working week within 24 hours allowing you to set a new password via the Forgotten your password journey. Make sure the password is ultra-strong and unique to the mailbox. Check via the  TalkTalk Mail sign in that you can access the mailbox.

Stephen70
First Timer
Message 5 of 9

Thank you. I will get her to join the community tomorrow and put up a post.  

Just to clarify, she does not have a talk talk phone number, and I dont think she has kept any emails about the upgrade to Talk Talk email.  Her broadband is provided by Sky and she is presently in a contract with them. The only thing she kept from her Pipex days was the Pipex email.

Thanks

Stephen

Message 6 of 9

Yes please if you could help mum to register with this Community and post here then that'll help TalkTalk to help her.

Mum should prepare for TalkTalk Support by checking her Community  MY PROFILE includes:

• Her name, current TalkTalk home 'phone number (unless taking a full-fibre non voice service). An alternative (mobile preferred) contact number. Full address with postcode (Location)
  • Scroll down to Private notes to add her pipex email address, and notes etc
  • After checking and updating, Save changes

The error message "The email address does not have a Talk Talk Domain. Please Try again" just means the email address is not recognised. Assuming it's entered correctly then the error message almost certainly means it is an alias address for the master pipex address. Only the master address has a mailbox on the Mail platform. Alias addresses are recognised for webmail sign in and for incoming mail that is redirected to the master address mailbox.

If the WLM mailbox is still working, has mum kept the emails from TalkTalk about the upgrade to TalkTalk Mail? Among those emails will be at least one that defines the master address and the aliases linked to it.

Stephen70
First Timer
Message 7 of 9

Hi. I clicked on the password reset link that you kindly sent me, when I entered her e-mail address, the message came up "The email address does not have a Talk Talk Domain. Please Try again", so basically I've hit a brick wall. 

Mum's Pipex e-mail address is working fine on her old laptop, so its definitely a valid e-mail address. I have her permission to act on her behalf, but if you need her to join this message board, I can arrange this.

Thank you.

Stephen

Gondola
Community Star
Message 8 of 9

Hi Stephen

Is your mother a TalkTalk Consumer customer for home broadband or MailPlus subscription?

The Reset your password now button in the help article  Changing your email password will take you to password reset and recovery.  If the email address is still active on the TalkTalk Mail platform and it's a master pipex email address and your mum has set up password recovery options, that she will recognise from the hints, then she can send the alternate email address a link or mobile a 6-digit code to authorise a password reset.

Only the master pipex email address will be recognised for a password change.  Does mum know that master address? When the pipex mailboxes were upgraded to the TalkTalk Mail platform she would have received emails from TalkTalk advising the master email address and alias email addresses that were linked to the master address.

Assuming the email address is still active, then entering the address for password recovery may get a 'no domain' error which simply means it's not recognised because it's an alias for a master pipex address. Entering a valid master address should show options for password recovery. But if only the master email address itself is hinted at then she will need TalkTalk Support to set up password recovery reset details. 

Let us know what the situation is and we'll guide you from there.

If you have Power of Attorney / Authority to Act registered with TalkTalk then TalkTalk will help you to set up mum's email. Otherwise, it would be good if you could help mum register with this Community and post here so that TalkTalk Support can verify mum's details.