email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipex email

Phil97
Conversation Starter
Message 1 of 12

I'm trying to reset passwords for my pipex mailboxes. When I review in my account, some have the original 6 digit email name, some have the aliases I assigned. The problem is I cannot correlate those with 6 digit names to the aliases originally assigned. Also when I try and reset a forgotten password, th reset link is sent to the mailbox I cannot access for reason of password missing.

To clarify, Pipex dsl email addresses where originally given  mailbox names of the format:

abcd11@dsl.pipex.com which could then be assigned normal name aliases eg: fred.bloggs@dsl.pipex.com . Some time ago both names were listed in My Account but now only one, which can be either. Any advice welcome.

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Gondola
Community Star
Message 2 of 12

Hi @Phil97 

The master email address will have a mailbox. Sign in to that mailbox and you'll be able to Update your Reset details via the main settings menu. Add your password recovery preferably a non-TalkTalk email address and a mobile number so you have password change options in addition to the master email address itself.

Menu options - Update your reset details 05Aug2020

That'll sort out the password change options.

Now, send the aliases a mail message one by one to see which master mailbox they land in.The aliases will be recognised and mail will be delivered to the relevant master mailbox.

So, by now you have password recovery sorted and know which aliases are linked to the master mailboxes.

Make sure you add the master mailbox addresses to your customer MyAccount. Managing your email in My Account 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Give Likes below to appreciate my help . . . and to help others Best Answer

Phil97
Conversation Starter
Message 3 of 12

Many thanks for reply. I have entered an alternative email and phone nuber in master email account but cannot reset passwords for mailboxes I am missing. If I try to reset via My Account/Settings is asks for current password which I am missing, If I try and reset via Webmail/Forgotten Password option, the only option listed is to send the reset link to the mailbox which I need the pasword for? Can't get my head around what I am mssing??

0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

How many master email addresses / mailboxes do you have that are active and upgraded to the TalkTalk Mail platform?  

And you're saying that for some master email addresses / mailboxes you have forgotten the password so cannot sign in to Update reset details?

Can you sign in with any alias email addresses / password?  If so, when you get signed in to TalkTalk Mail, select Portal from the Header bar and see if that indicates you're signed in to the master email address or if it doesn't reveal the master mailbox.

You could also try selecting Compose to see if the master email address is revealed in the drop down From address selector.

Phil97
Conversation Starter
Message 5 of 12

Sorry, bit confused over 'Aster' mailbox. I hae the main mailbox which was set up with original account. I have 6 more which the family did use. I can  delete some but where only the original name is listed in My account I don't know which was which and I cant reset password to get in.  I've just tried logging into one mailbox i know both names using original name and then using the alias. Both logged on OK, selecting Portal for the alias shows just the alias email name. Selecting Portal for the original name greys the screen with timer circle rotating an only cancel as an option. Left about a minute twice, same result.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

I'll have to leave this for TalkTalk to sort out. The topic is in their workflow.

I thought it would be quite straightforward to identify a master mailbox and then associate the aliases with that.

Hopefully a TT Staff member will pick this up soon.

Message 7 of 12

Hi Phil97, I've sent you a personal message with a secure link to get more information. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

Hi Phil97, PMs aren't enabled on your account yet, I've requested they be enabled and will send the PM once they are. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 12

Hi Phil97, it seems you've opted out of PMs. If you still need help you'll need to turn them on so that I can send the verification mail.

Ady

0 Likes

Phil97
Conversation Starter
Message 10 of 12

Hi Ady,

I can't see where I turn on PMs, can you point me in right direction.

Thanks

Phil

0 Likes

Phil97
Conversation Starter
Message 11 of 12

Cancel last one, just found it and enabled.

Phil

0 Likes

Message 12 of 12

Thanks Phil, I've sent the PM for you. 

Ady

0 Likes