email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipex legacy account suddenly stopped working

LadyFlame2021
First Timer
Message 7 of 7

Hi,

Over the last few days, my Pipex account has suddenly stopped sending and receiving emails.  I checked the settings and it appears that the outgoing server has changed from POP to IMAP all by itself.  When I try to access my emails on my computer, I get a dialogue box popping up asking me to log in and it won't let me change the server type at this point.  Even changing it in my account settings (I'm using Outlook 2016) makes no difference.  I'm not getting emails on my phone at the minute either, so it appears to be an issue with the account itself.  Unfortunately, I can't find a phone number for TalkTalk that'll let me just go straight through to talk to someone about this.  Any ideas about how I can fix it?

Thanks in advance for your help!

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi LadyFlame2021, emails were sent prior to the accounts being limited. Unfortunately, only about 10 percent of recipients of the emails sent opened them the rest remained deaf to the news about the changes. Email is the only means of contact for the Orphan accounts and we've done all we can to inform those using them of change.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 2 of 7

BT do have a good email service on the Synchronoss platform. 

You'll still have webmail access to the TalkTalk Mail platform for around 6 months and you will receive an email from TalkTalk prior to deletion. 

Hopefully the next few months are sufficient time to capture all contacts that send you mail.  

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

Message 3 of 7

I'd heard about the deletion before but it would've been helpful if an email had been sent round with the exact dates of the changes so that we could plan accordingly.  Ah well!  🙂   I'm with BT now.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Yes, the limiting to webmail only access and subsequent deletion has been flagged up as far back as October 2019. You'll receive an email from TalkTalk before the mailbox is finally deleted, assuming you don't need to retain its use for much longer. Which broadband provider are you with now?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 7

Hi Gondola,

Thanks for your reply; I wasn't aware that TalkTalk were doing this.  Our broadband's with another provider, so it looks like I'll have to change my email address to one of theirs.

Thanks very much for your help!  🙂

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

Hi LadyFlame2021 

Heads up that orphan email addresses, that's TalkTalk Mail addresses, including pipex domains, that are not added to an active TalkTalk Consumer customer MyAccount, are being limited to Internet browser webmail access and flagged for deletion if no action is taken*. TalkTalk email notifications are being sent.

Are you a TalkTalk Consumer home broadband or MailPlus, mail only, subscriber customer and if so is the TalkTalk Mail email address added to your customer MyAccount?  Let us know your customer status and if you're taking a full-fibre home broadband service from TalkTalk. Manage TalkTalk Mail options are not yet included in the full-fibre MyAccount management. 

Email not showing in My Account

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your email address and password, select Sign in. If you know the current email password you'll get signed in via this webmail access.

* The action to take to restore email access on supported devices is:

• Add the email address to an active TalkTalk Consumer customer MyAccount
  • If not a customer, rejoin TalkTalk for home broadband or subscribe to  TalkTalk MailPlus

About TalkTalk MailPlus

0 Likes