email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipex legacy account suddenly stopped working

David_Lx
Team Player
Message 57 of 57

I have had the same problem and have joined talktalk mail plus, which has reactivated my main email address, but my wife's email address which was on the same pipex account is not working any more.

I've tried adding her email address to the mail plus account but without success.

Any ideas what the solution could be?

Thanks

David_Lx
0 Likes
56 REPLIES 56

Message 1 of 57

Hi Gondola,

Thanks for your advice, I can see that it would be advisable to have access to My Account, but at least it isn't urgent.

Hopefully Ady can get someone to sort it out.

Regards

David_Lx

Message 2 of 57

David_Lx wrote:...Do I really need to access it (MyAccount) now that the 'unlimiting' has been activated for both email addresses?

I believe it would be prudent to say yes you do need to ensure your wife's email address is added to the customer MyAccount just to make sure the system doesn't auto-delete despite the 'unlimited' status. And if you cannot access the MyAccount you cannot cease the MailPlus subscription by personally deleting the email addresses if or when they're no longer required.  That's my advice.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

Message 3 of 57

Thanks for doing that, Ady.

It was fortuitous that it happened on Tuesday, because my wife received an email from a friend on the same day which needed a reply that she was then able to send.

However I still can't log in to My Account, I get the error message 'Sorry due to technical issues we can’t log you in right now. Please try again later.'

Do I really need to access it now that the 'unlimiting' has been activated for both email addresses?

Thanks

David_Lx
0 Likes

Message 4 of 57

Unfortunately the robot wasn't picking up the unlimit requests so I had asked a favour of a colleague and I'm pleased to see that's got the mailbox fully working again. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 5 of 57

Thanks David. I know Ady will stay on the case until the MyAccount login issue is fixed for you.

Message 6 of 57

Hi Gondola and Ady,

Finally we have some progress! My wife's email client has today started working and has downloaded all of the emails that she has missed since the changeover.

Unfortunately, I still cannot log in to My Account, it still reports 'technical difficulties', but that is the last problem now.

Thanks both for your help

David_Lx

Message 7 of 57

Thanks for confirming that TalkTalk's back office support team had set up the password recovery reset details that then enabled you to change and upgrade her email password.

When Ady's request to have her email address 'unlimited' then it will once more be possible to collect and send mail messages using an email client or email app in addition to webmail. 

Then it's just a case of seeing why you're not getting signed in to your TalkTalk MailPlus customer MyAccount to complete the job of adding her email address to the My Mailboxes list.

Message 8 of 57

Further to the previous post regarding my wife's email account, I have succeeded in creating a webmail page in her name and can now see her email messages (including a lot of password reset mails as expected) going back to the start of this saga. Fortunately there haven't been any important emails that required her attention.

However, I still cannot log in to her account from her computer using her email client software.

I don't suppose anything will happen now until Monday at least, so I guess I might as well shut this down and watch the Formula One GP, unless I get an email notifying me of a post to this thread.

David_Lx
0 Likes

Message 9 of 57

When I try to log in to My Account, it shows a cloud shape 3 times, then comes up with the error message 'Sorry due to technical issues we can’t log you in right now. Please try again later.'

What 'technical issues'? This has been going on for over a week now and I think it's about time it was fixed.

But they say talking to yourself is the first sign of madness...

David_Lx
0 Likes

Message 10 of 57

This morning, we are a bit further forward inasmuch as alternative options including mobile number have appeared when I access the change password function for my wife's email address. With this option, I have now changed my wife's email password using the code method.

However, on entering the new password on her computer email client, I still get the 'Incorrect Password' error message.

Also, I cannot add her email address to my account as I still can't log in to my account.

Any help would be gratefully received.

David_Lx
0 Likes

Message 11 of 57

Hi Ady,

I have added some more information to the Private Notes section of my Personal Information, regarding my wife's email account.

Since I have changed the password on my master email account to the form required, the original password was only used by my wife's email account, so I have included it in my Private Notes in the hope that it may help sort out the problem.

If you can give me any idea of when I might expect a solution I would be very grateful.

Regards

David_Lx
0 Likes

Message 12 of 57

Thanks Ady and Gondola,

Sorry to keep pestering, but you can understand my frustration when nothing seems to be happening!

Regards

David_Lx

Message 13 of 57

I've resent the request and added the request for the password reset tools to be updated to your details. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 14 of 57

I've no control over TalkTalk timescales nor visibility of progress of their workflow streams. The topic has had 4 escalations into the workflow, 3 from me. So far as I can see you're on track to get the password reset and changed.

Message 15 of 57

Hi Gondola,

It is now over 24 hours since Ady requested my wife's email to be unlimited and we are still no further forward.

I still get an incorrect password error when I try to access my wife's email account and the reset password link still only shows the same xxxxxx@dsl.pipex.com address option, which is presumably my wife's email address.

Furthermore, I still cannot log in to my account!

Any help you can offer will be gratefully received.

David_Lx
0 Likes

Message 16 of 57

OK, many thanks.

David_Lx
0 Likes

Message 17 of 57

I'll ask Ady to look at the password reset details and if he can verify your personal data as linked to your wife's email address.

Message 18 of 57

Hi Gondola, it's nice to hear from someone!

I just checked the password reset and it seems the password recovery details have not yet been changed, as there is still only the one option of the xxxxx@dsl.pipex.com address for the link, which is obviously my wife's email address.

I guess I'll just have to wait until the bot carries out its functions and ultimately when my login problem is fixed. They do say patience is a virtue... 🙂

Thanks again

David_Lx
0 Likes

Message 19 of 57

Select the Reset password now button in the help page

Changing your email password

Have password recovery reset details been set up?

Ady's asked for the email address to be unlimited so if that has also happened there's no immediate urgency to add the address to your customer MyAccount. Needs to be added when the login issue is fixed. 

Message 20 of 57

In the words of Pink Floyd... Hello? Hello? Hello?

Is there anybody in there?

David_Lx
0 Likes