email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible Spam Message from NHS

nicky62
Super Duper Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Inbox has been pretty clear of spam recently thanks to advice from @Gondola on filter rule set up and other community members putting me on to Spam Cop; so clicked on email this morning purporting to be from NHS, introducing digital corona virus passports.

Clicked on Get Digital Passport to start the process but learn I've been denied entry or my account's been blocked or similar.

Can't think I've offended NHS to this point; did anyone receive similar who can verify this is spam for sure ?

Thanks

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

nicky62
Super Duper Contributor
Message 1 of 8

By way, just clicked like on your message but little confusing the whole best answer bar above - spent time being shuffled through to what best answer is/like is - some may get thrown at that point and not go back to simple thumb up like button - perhaps the thumb up could be directly below - with best answer box to the right of if it or i information icon by it ?

Bye once more

nicky62
Super Duper Contributor
Message 2 of 8

Hi @Gondola 

Thanks for sending me Neighbourhood Watch warning about the NHS scam email I received.

That is exactly same that came through to my inbox, interestingly I have some angel blocking me within this MacBook - I didn't go through to link page where you could put your details in, pay fee and receive this purported digital vaccine passport.

I came to blocked page where it said words to effect host is blocked/your NHS account won't let you in.

Initially I was a little affronted to be told my NHS account was rejecting me (similar to when you try to use contactless and access is denied - wonder if your account has been compromised; only to learn it's the terminal in whichever shop you're in that's having a glitchy day or is always prefers card insert ; ) 

Pretty sure once I learned there was a fee attached to this digital passport that I would definitely smelt a rat.

We're spoilt in terms of NHS that most is generally expected to be on the house plus likely I would have heard of significant outcry from all around were these controversial, in many respects, vaccine passports to be paid for - adding insult to injury ; )

Won't dwell on that topic too much here - all little political, end of the day since I have no plans/intention to travel overseas for the foreseeable; I would not have rushed into anything vaccine passport wise.

Sole reason it will have some use - through my app as you mention at some point, is that the card I currently hold will get lost/tatty and would be handy to have on screen (or however it is planned to be rolled out) in fullness of time.

Bit distracted by notable change to community page since I was here last - bright blue buttons below inviting me to reply/post - I suppose it does make all bit more visible.

Not sure I need quite such a wide black area with the centrally placed reply at the bottom (also not immediately visible as it once was to click on ) @Gondola  for example; but possibly there is a reason for all these things - not to drag you guys in all too often and to encourage us to finish up quick to click on increasingly overwhelming bright blue reply button ; )

My email has been bit more spammy of late, not quite so generic as this NHS digital passport thing but something for me to keep an eye on as mentioned having learned how actually easy this highly tech sounding filter rule thing is (down to your encouragement for which I am very grateful;) I no longer feel overwhelmed by it.

As long as we can feel empowered back - less helpless - all is so much more manageable;

Thanks, too, for giving me report@phishing.government thingy - suspect they're going to get few more spam emails sent through to them courtesy of me over time.

Although only government - HMRC, NHS type of spam; not one allegedly being sent by neighbour as came through yesterday.

Thanks keep well - guessing you're busier than ever before in terms with how things are running right now

Take care & all best 😊 : )

Gondola
Community Star
Message 3 of 8

Neighbourhood Watch have forwarded a pdf showing what this scam looks like https://assets.neighbourhoodalert.co.uk/images/site_images/77476_Scam_Alert.pdf 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

nicky62
Super Duper Contributor
Message 4 of 8

I will @Gondola 

Thanks for that & enjoy your weekend 😊 : )

Message 5 of 8

Without seeing more details I would personally treat this email as a phishing scam and report it to TalkTalk.

I would also report it to the Suspicious Email Reporting Service. If you have received an email which you’re not quite sure about, forward it to the Suspicious Email Reporting Service (SERS): report@phishing.gov.uk

nicky62
Super Duper Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Hi @Gondola 

Address it came from was NHS@vcloudtech.com

I do have NHS app on phone, rarely look at it, and having set up few NHS apps recently assumed it to be on back of that.

Not sure if clicking to set up digital passport will have introduced malware to this MacBook; certainly didn't enter personal details as all I could only click to register interest and beyond that, as mentioned access denied.

Happily I have deleted message from national lottery about toolkit to make playing simple as that could have led to complications with information associated with my national lottery account.

I'll keep eye on MacBook and be more wary about incoming email addresses

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 7 of 8

Hi @nicky62 

Never click on an unexpected email. Action Fraud have previously warned of scam phishing emails related to Covid19. Trust only the official NHS website.

The official NHS advice is here.  The easiest way is to download the NHS app via the link in the website.  NB this is not the Covid19 tracing app.

What was the sending email address in the email you got? You may need to inspect the header of the email.

Report a phishing or spam email gives advice.