email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible password issue with Pipex accounts transferred to the new paid-for TalkTalk Mail Plus ??

ico99
Team Player
Message 7 of 7

Apologies in advance, am running around doing other stuff today, so just asking this as a feeler question. Can investigate more tomorrow.

In short, I need to change my contact phone number so went to log in to my (now) TalkTalk Mail Plus account. Note that the initial transfer process went smoothly (thanks Gondola). One slightly weird thing I did notice was that billing seemed delayed until now.

Note also that my original Pipex account was of the 'Business' variety.

Anyways, went to login today, using the talktalkbusiness.co.uk address which had worked fine previously - now doesn't.

So used the links from both 'Welcome to TalkTalk Mail Plus' email and also the 'yourbill@billing.talktalk.co.uk' recent email - link works but my databased email address/password does not.

Is it possibly the case that there has been some sort of temporary issue with authentication etc. at the moment?

Thanks for any info - just checking, before I investigate more thoroughly tomorrow...

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi ico99, thanks for posting back to let us know it's sorted. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 2 of 7

OK, thanks for the feedback. If you're happy, I'm happy.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

Message 3 of 7

Yes, can see first billed late July, for pmt early Aug.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 4 of 7

Hi ico99 

The default sign in to the MailPlus MyAccount is by entering the master pipex email address that you registered for MailPlus and the email password.

If you're logged in now that's good.

Seems that billing for MailPlus is on a bit of a catch up. Do you see the bill in your MyAccount?  Is it OK?

ico99
Team Player
Message 5 of 7

Thanks Gondola - logging into Email seemed fine, it was getting into the Account that wasn't working when I first posted. Now working fine though - and I don't believe I kept typing the password wrong, I usually copy/paste. Anyways, seems to be sorted.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

Hi ico99 

All pipex domains and mailboxes are managed by TalkTalk Consumer and the master mailboxes are on the TalkTalk Mail platform.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your pipex email address and password, select Sign in.

You can sign in to webmail using either the master pipex email address or an alias linked to that master email address. The password is the same for both.

The mailbox is the master mailbox. Any mail incoming that uses an alias linked to the master pipex email address will be recognised by the incoming mail server and mail will be directed to the master mailbox.

Note that you will only effect a password change by specifying the master pipex email address. 

More guides are here: TalkTalk Mail Support Hub

Changing your email password

Email settings - IMAP & POP3

Managing your email in My Account

About TalkTalk Mail Plus

You may wish to review this post that specifies the email client settings and host names to use.
Upgrade your legacy mail settings