email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem accessing Tiscali email in Outlook 2016

hayesrj
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

Please can anyone help? I access my Tiscali email in Outlook 2016 on my desktop and had no problems until this morning. But now I am getting a send/receive error message 0x800CCC0E and it says "cannot connect to server". (Although I am connected to the internet and there does not seem to be a problem with my broadband connection. So it's just an email issue... I have checked and can access my email in webmail and also on my phone in Gmail. Might there be a password issue with my Outlook account and how can I check/fix this? Thanks. Richard.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 5

Hi hayesrj, its great to see that Gondola helped you get this sorted. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 5

You're welcome.  Good to know the delete and reinstall of the email account has resolved the issue.  Nice work. 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 3 of 5

Thanks so much Gondola. I checked the connection settings but they all seemed to be correct. I then removed the account in Outlook and then created it again as a new account (with the same settings!) and it is now working fine. I really appreciate your help. 

Gondola
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Hi hayesrj 

The troubleshooting you've carried out is perfect. The mailbox is working as expected both via the TalkTalk Mail webmail sign in and via the third party Gmail app.  I don't see any current issues with the tiscali mail servers.

So that does point to Outlook 2016 on your device as the software having trouble connecting. It's most likely a corrupted data file that hopefully will respond to a repair job or you can delete the account from Outlook and set up afresh assuming you're using an IMAP account. If using POP3 as the connection protocol then save any downloaded emails that aren't on the online mail server before deleting an account from Outlook.

Here's the advice from Microsoft on running a repair.

Worth checking that you're using the recommended IMAP connection settings.

Supported email client and app settings are:

Account Type  IMAP (recommended)
User Name Full email address
Password Email password
Incoming email server mail.talktalk.net
Incoming Port (IMAP) 993
Incoming Encryption Type SSL/TLS
Outgoing SMTP email server smtp.talktalk.net
Outgoing Port 587
Outgoing SMTP Encryption Type STARTTLS
My Outgoing Server Requires Authentication Yes
Authentication Method Normal Password (NOT SPA)

If you need help checking the setup then take screenshots of the General, Outgoing Server and Advanced tabs, image edit to obscure the first part of the email address and then upload here using the camera icon above the Reply area.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution