email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem accessing tiscali email

Zobari
Chatterbox
Message 13 of 13

Hi there. Apologies if this is a repeated post but I cannot find a way to solve it.

I cannot access one of my tiscali emails. Since last Friday I get a message stating that 'the password is not recognised'.

I tried clicking on 'forgot your password' but the recovery email is the one that is not accessible and I cannot recognise the other email and phone number for recovery/resetting my password.

I tried changing my password through my account as well and I also get a message telling me that 'the password could not be changed, try again'. I am not getting anywhere. This has almost been going on for a week.

If someone could help/tell me how to change my recovery email or phone number I perhaps, could resolve this.

I have also tried using the Talktalk App in my mobile but was not able to keep a conversation long enough to find a solution.

Many thanks in advance and again, apologies if this is a repetition.

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Just to confirm that the technical adviser contacted me and confirmed that the recovery phone number and email address had been updated, she also gave me a new password to access my blocked email account and once I used it I could change the password. The blocked email account is not accessible and the issue is resolved.

The CEO complaints manager also rang me to confirm that I was happy with the result.

Thanks again to everyone for your hep and assistance.

Message 2 of 13

I've asked the CEO team to speed this up for you. Please let me know how you get on.

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 3 of 13

Thank you.

The CEO complaints manager called me on 23/09/19 at 16:02. Once I explained the problem she understood the situation and told me that she would get back to the technical team and someone will contact me in the next few days to deal with the problem (mainly to change the recovery email and phone number in my email recovery link so I can change the password that is not being recognised and then access the blocked email account again).

0 Likes

Message 4 of 13

The 48 working hours ends tomorrow morning. The CEO complaint manager will call you to sort this for you. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 5 of 13

Thank you again.

May I please ask how I should expect to be contacted? Will they use text, email or phone call?

0 Likes

Message 6 of 13

Thanks Zobari, I've raised the fault ticket for you and escalated it to the CEO team to get you a fast resolution. You'll hear from a CEO complaint manager in the next 48 working hours. 

Please let me know how you get on.

Message 7 of 13

The information requested has been provided.

Thank you.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 13

Hi Zobari, I've sent you a Personal Message to get the information I need to get this sorted for you. 

Message 9 of 13

...yes, an OCE will pick this up in the morning.

As the tiscali email address is already listed in your MyAccount then that should be sufficient to take this straight through to securing the account and setting up new Reset details that the OCE will ask for in due course.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

Message 10 of 13

Thank you. I have followed the steps your mentioned and look forward to hearing from the technical support assistant tomorrow, hopefully.

Zobari
Chatterbox
Message 11 of 13

I have got this Tiscali account since 1999. I always got things resolved by the Tiscali/Talktalk team but this time I cannot find a way through. The Tiscali email account in question blocked itself on Friday and since then I have not been able to access it. The password is not recognized.

I really hope someone can point me in the right direction since none of the options already suggested in this forum are allowing me to recover the password or change the recovery email and phone number to get the reset code or link.

Sorry, this part did not get added to the first post.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 12 of 13

Hi @Zobari 

As the self-help password change / recovery options aren't effective, I'll alert the TalkTalk Community team for you.

Interesting that you don't recognise the hints for the password recovery options (Reset details). You're sure you have the right email address?  Do you think someone has got access to your mailbox and changed the password and the Reset details?

Whilst waiting for tomorrow, please update your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) to include your name, current contact 'phone numbers and address with postcode (location) then scroll down and add the email address to Private notes and Save changes.

The next step is that a TalkTalk Community OCE will reply here and then say they're sending you a Community Private Message requesting personal data to verify you as the registered user (your email registration details)

• Email address affected
  • Your Full Name
  • Date of Birth
  • Landline 'phone number and Full postal address linked to the email address when first registered
  • Include Reset details - an active alternate email address and (optionally) your mobile contact number for the team to set up Reset details for you so you can reset and choose your own password.

When your personal data has been verified, the Reset details will be set up and one of the TalkTalk team will call on your mobile to check security with you, let you know you can set your own password via the Forgotten your password? link and check it works.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution