email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem connecting iPad and iPhone to outgoing mail server

nicander1588
First Timer
Message 2 of 2

My wife and I have two desktop computers, one running Windows 7, one running Windows 10 and an apple Macbook Air. We also both have iPads and I have an iPhone 6 smartphone. Our internet ISP is Talktalkbusiness who are also our landline and telephone service provider. For email we both have gmail addresses, but we also use email addresses from talktalk business, ending @f2s.com

Our problem is with outgoing emails sent from our iPads and the iPhone using the f2s.com addresses. The outgoing mail server we use for talktalk business is smtp.talktalkbuisness.net, but every time we try to send such an email from the iPads or iPhone we get the message "cannot connect to the outgoing mail server for "smtp.talktalkbusiness.net" ". Yet if we send such a message from our desktop, Macbook Air or my wife's Samsung Galaxy mobile phone there is no problem - the messages get sent successfully. What is blocking the iPads and iPhone when the out going mail server used is exactly the same as with the computers? How do we correct this? There is no problem with our Wifi - the devices in question all connect to the internet OK.

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Gondola
Community Star
Message 1 of 2

Hi nicander1588 

This Community is for TalkTalk Consumer customers. For TalkTalk Business (TTB) support Call 0800 083 3003 - Mon-Sun 8am-6pm customerservices@talktalkbusiness.co.uk

The TTB legacy domains f2s, nildram and gotadsl are hosted by apm-internet. The recommended webmail and email client settings are:

Webmail access is via https://mail.overssl.net/

Email client access uses the same server host name: mail.overssl.net

Username: Full f2s email address

Password: f2s email password

Inbound Server: mail.overssl.net
Port: 993 (IMAP) or 995 (POP3)
Select TLS/SSL or SSL/TLS

Outbound Server: mail.overssl.net
Port: 465
Select TLS/SSL or SSL/TLS

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution