Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Problem with homecall email password reset

17 REPLIES 17
shep_9441
Participant

Had to rebuild my computer a couple of weeks ago. Then needed to add my wife's homecall email account details but have forgotten the password. The email address is the second one on My Account. Tried Password reset in My Account and looked like it worked ok. But the email password was not reset. Have tried online chat with no success, 29/05/18, except Fault Ref REP-3264131 raised and text received with fault ref INC000015456745. Password has still not been updated to new one.

I see there have been other threads on this subject resulting in some sort of administrator intervention.

Please can I have some help on this?

Thanks

There's always room for a couple of beers
Gondola
Community Star

Hi @shep_9441

This is an interesting one. Interesting because the homecall email is already associated with your MyAccount so it's already verified as owned by you.  In theory, a password change request via MyAccount should work although there may be a delay in the password being changed because the request is routed to the homecall email admins to set a new password. So, retry your newly created password after 24 hours would be my instinct and maybe again after 48 hours. But don't keep trying the password change or you'll lose track of where you are and what the password is.

It's possible that you'll end up going to the CEO team as there has been a policy change regarding setting new passwords for some legacy email accounts and here's the download on that:

Email password recovery for off-net legacy email users: homecall, onetel, pipex, toucansurf

Legacy email users not using MyAccount or the talktalk mail servers will not have given consent for the processing of personal data and are impacted by the introduction of The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) in force from 25 May 2018.  The limited data related to such legacy email users requires that password or email account recovery must now be managed by the CEO team.

Ask a Customer Service manager to escalate to the CEO team - follow the make a complaint process and see under the What Next? tab for the CEO postal address. 

So, if the password hasn't been changed for you within 24 or 48 hours make a request for a new password direct to the CEO team.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Add Likes below to appreciate my help . . . and if I offered a solution Best Answer

shep_9441
Participant

Gondola thanks for reply.

Did password reset request via MyAccount 6 days ago. I'll try the CEO route.

shep_9441
Participant

Have sent email to Customer Support  asking them to escalate this to the CEO team. Let's see what happens.

I see there's another thread "Homecall email login problems" from Keith70 who's having the same problem. Seems incredible he's having to resort to snail mail to get this sorted.

Gondola
Community Star

...keep any eye on what Customer Service say in response. Your complaint / request needs to be escalated to a manager and the manager needs to escalate direct to the CEO team.

As long as you've made that clear and provided all the required information for verification both as set out in the complaints help page and as needed for verification of the homecall account then it should be routed to the CEO team swiftly. Then it just depends on their workload.

Add Likes below to appreciate my help . . . and if I offered a solution Best Answer

shep_9441
Participant

Received a not satisfactory answer to email saying to try Technical Support on 0345 172 0088. So rang them. Agent eventually did a good check. Go to talktalk.co.uk. Select Mail. Select "Forgotten your password". Then enter homecall email address and select Continue. Nothing happened - returned to same page - did not proceed to Reset options. Agent a bit confused so asked to speak to a manager and was transfered. Manager did same check and acknowledged problem was that talktalk domain didn't know anything about homecall domain. Manager then raised fault and said this needed to go to Fault Team in Manchester and they would phone.

Received email on 6th June saying fault logged on my account.

Received phone call on 9th June but this was just some sort of follow up.

No phone call yet from Fault Team so problem still not fixed.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @shep_9441

Since we started this conversation the TalkTalk policy has changed and OCE_Ady is once again authorised to manage the password change process for homecall email accounts.  I've asked for Ady's assistance.

Just to ensure Ady has sufficient verification information, double check that you've added to your Community Profile, Personal Information (Click here) all of the following in the Private Notes area at the bottom of the page:

• Email address affected
  • Your Full Name
  • Date of Birth
  • Phone number linked to the homecall email address when first registered
  • Full postal address linked to the homecall email address when first registered
  • Include your mobile contact number and times to call - daytimes when you'll be there in person to receive the password and speak to the email team
    (for your security they won't leave a message with the password and there's no number to call them)
  • Save changes.

Ady will reply here to help with account or password recovery.

OCE_Ady
Community Team - TT Staff

Shep_9441, please post back as soon as you've added the information and I'll get the ticket raised for you. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

shep_9441
Participant

I've added the requested information.Hoping for a resolution.

OCE_Ady

We'll get this sorted for you, but I need you to pop your DOB in the private notes with the other information. Once I've got that I'll get the ticket sent over for you. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

shep_9441
Participant

Hopefully got it right now.

OCE_Ady

You have and I've raised the fault ticket for you. Homecall resets have to go to the email admins which means it can take a little longer to get the call. Normally this is 3-5  days. 

shep_9441
Participant

No reply yet.

My wife has been unable to use her email account for over a month now. I think some compensation is required for not receiving the full service I'm paying for.

OCE_Ady

I'm sorry for the delay. I've just found an email asking me to get your wife's contact details for the call. Could you add them to the private notes section? I'll get you that call today then. 

shep_9441
Participant

Added my wife's contact number. May take a few attempts to get an answer.

OCE_Ady

Thanks. I've passed those details over to my colleague. so that he can get in touch with her. 

shep_9441
Participant

Success!!!!!!Smiley_Face

Only taken a month.

My wife received a phone yesterday and the password was reset.

Thanks Gondola and OCE_Ady.

OCE_Ady

Great stuff. Thanks for posting back to let us know it's sorted.