email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with sending email via Outlook 2010

JeffD58
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

I came back from holiday a couple of weeks ago and found that my email account would not let me send mails as I got a code suggesting that I had reached my daily limit of 500. This was impossible as I'd been away so I concluded that my account may have been hacked. Accordingly I changed my password on both the Talk Talk mail site and my Outlook 2010.

Since then it seems that I send maybe 5 or 6 emails then I get a pop up box asking me to confirm my email address and password.

This is an intermittent problem so it can not be the wrong password else I wouldn't be able to send any mails. So PLEASE don't reply if all you can suggest is checking my password on Outlook is correct.

I can send emails directly from the Talk Talk web mail page and from my phone so this seems to be the server not accepting my password from Outlook every time I send but it does sometimes.

I have an old Lineone email address so actually have to pay £50 for this service.

Any creative suggestions to solve this will be greatly appreciated.

Jeff  

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi Jeff, so are you seeing any limit on mail when sending from webmail? Does the login ever reject?

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Hi Jeff

If you're using TalkTalk Mail from an overseas network then sending can be rate limited to offset the risk of a mailbox being compromised and used to send spam from the TalkTalk servers.

Such rate limiting would be removed once back in the UK but you may need to wait up to 24 hours for a limit counter to be fully reset.

You're sending ok from TalkTalk Mail webmail without an error message appearing. Indicates the mail system is ok and doesn't think your mailbox is compromised. But your timely change of password would have sorted that out so that's good to know.

Outlook does have a habit of repeatedly asking for verification and the standard fix is to remove the mail account from Outlook, reboot Outlook and add the mail account afresh and saving the new password.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution