email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with tiscali email account

Tstratford
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

Hi,

I've had a tiscali email account for years and whilst I don't use it as much as I have in the past I still need access. I have recently discovered that I can't log in. I know I haven't changed the password and unfortunately because I have never had a talk talk account I've never set up my account. The only option I can see to reset the password is to send the reset code to the email address I can't access! Is there another way to recover my account? The last time I know for certain it was accessed was the 11th of September because that's the last time my phone synced my emails.

Any help will be gratefully recieved.

Cheers.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi Tstratford, I've raised the fault ticket for you. You should get a call this morning with the new password. Please let us know how you get on. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Hi @Tstratford

The email system may have detected a weak password or a compromised email account and changed the password or locked the account to help secure customer data.

Ideally you should log in to webmail at least once every 180 days to ensure the email account is not suspended because of non-use. 

Have you previously set up password recovery for the email address with an alternate email and mobile number? You could use the Reset your Password option. Try that first to see if you recognise the recovery hints. It will not be sending a recovery link to the same email address you're trying to recover... but it might go to another one that you no longer have access to.

If that doesn't work, you'll need to prove you're the registered user of the tiscali email. Double check that you've added to your Community Profile, Personal Information (Click here) all of the following in the Private Notes area at the bottom of the page:

• Email address affected
  • Your Full Name
  • Date of Birth
  • Landline 'phone number linked to the tiscali email address when first registered
  • Full postal address linked to the tiscali email address when first registered
  • Include your mobile contact number and times to call - daytimes when you'll be there in person to receive the password and speak to the email team
    (for security they won't leave a message with the password and there's no number to call them)
  • Save changes.

The TalkTalk Community support team will verify the user details recorded for the email address. The email expert will reply here to help with account or password recovery.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes