email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Legacy PIPEX e-mail Addresses, Mail Plus and My Account

KevinB2
Participant
Message 26 of 26

Hi,

We have 2 active PIPEX addresses which have been in use for many years, using POP3.

Around 8/9 Jan 2022 both addresses stopped working with POP3.

On 10Jan I signed up for Mail Plus using our primary PIPEX address which then worked with POP3.

I was initially unable to create a "My Account" associated with the Mail Plus subsription; TalkTalk support created a My Account but this turned out to be against an old TalkTalk account number, and did not allow me to manage the e-mail addresses, and we were still unable to receive from the secondary PIPEX address.

I then registered for a My Account  against the new  account number associated with the Mail Plus subscription, but I have never been able to log in to this My Account.

So I now seem to have 2 "My Accounts", neither of which is fully working., and we are still unable to receive e-mails from the secondary PIPEX address using POP3.

I have had several interactions with TalkTalk support over the last 2 weeks without a resolution; I have twice been told the issue has been "escalated" but have received no feedback. 

Please see attachment for details.

I would really appreciate some help with this.

Thanks Kevin

0 Likes
25 REPLIES 25

Message 1 of 26

You're welcome. We have no estimate for the fix of MyAccount I'm afraid. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 26

Hi Ady, thanks again for getting the e-mails working, which was the most important aspect for us.

I will await a future fix for the "Technical Issue" problem when I try to access "My Account".

Regards,

Kevin

0 Likes

Message 3 of 26

Hi Kevin, thanks for confirming that the mailboxes are all working normally now. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 4 of 26

Hi Ady, I can't see how to send a Private Message, but the e-mail addresses are still in the my Private Notes - the non-working one is commented "this is NOT working via POP3".

Cheers,

Kevin

0 Likes

Message 5 of 26

The MyAccount issue is an incident. I can't fix that for you, the incidents team are working to get that sorted. 

Would you mind PM with the mail address that still isn't working? 

Ady

Message 6 of 26

Hi Ady, I'm afraid that our second e-mail address is still not receiving on POP3.

Also I am still unable to log in to "My Account" for the new account number (I get the "Technical Issue" message).

The only obvious difference from your recent actions is that all addesses have been removed from by old account number.

Kevin

0 Likes

Message 7 of 26

No worries Kevin, you're welcome any time.

Ady

0 Likes

Message 8 of 26

Hi Ady, thanks for following up on this - much appreciated.  I am out for the day now but will check things out later.

Kevin

0 Likes

Message 9 of 26

Thanks for adding those all the mailboxes are now attached to your new account. I've also requested that the limited ones be derestricted, it won't be immediate. 

Ady

Message 10 of 26

Hi Ady,

Addresses added; also a note of my "old" account number.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 26

Hi KevinB2, please add your affected addresses to the private notes section of your community profile. 

Ady

Message 12 of 26

Hi Gondola,

I have paid the bill online via the "old" My Account": it lets me do this,  but not anything else!  I was wary of paying it over the phone because of the complicated nature of my problems e.g. it might have further confused the issue of the 2 My Accounts & affected what Ady might be planning to do.  Trust this was OK.  I did receive an e-mail ack of the payment.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 26

Hi KevinB2 

There was some maintenance on MyAccount and related systems were out of action for much of yesterday but I'll alert Ady via workflow. 

Payment for MailPlus should be made by contacting TalkTalk customer service billing team. I suspect this billing is linked to the account set up by customer service and not your MailPlus MyAccount. So, any payment will need to be transferred over as part of the fix that Ady will need to authorise. My advice is to pay the bill by speaking to the billing team and that will avoid the account going into default that may then restrict the use of the related email addresses. i.e. pay the bill and then let Ady authorise the remediation. Well, that's my advice but just as a volunteer to our Community not official TalkTalk guidance.

A nudge to Ady is on the way.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like (below) to support me . . . Mark as solved (below)  Accept as Solution

Message 14 of 26

Hi Gondola,

I have not heard anything from Ady - does he need more information?   We continue to have the problems as previously reported and I now have the bill for MailPlus that is due for payment on 4th Feb.

I would really appreciate further help on this.

Thanks.

Message 15 of 26

Thanks Gondola; will wait for Ady to get back to me next week.

Message 16 of 26

Hi KevinB2

Ady will sort that out for you. Both master mailboxes appear to be active on the mail platform but Ady's confirmed that the MailPlus MyAccount is not holding either address currently. 

Ady will be able to add both master mailbox addresses to the MailPlus MyAccount and switch the billing to the MailPlus MyAccount. He might need details of the billing just received. Don't post here though.

Enjoy the weekend. Ady will be in touch next week.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like (below) to support me . . . Mark as solved (below)  Accept as Solution

Message 17 of 26

The plot thickens - I have received today a paper bill against my old TT account number for what appears to be the next month's MailPlus payment.  The bill also appears in the My Account for this old account number even though it still says "You do not have an active TalkTalk Broadband or TalkTalk Mail Plus subscription..."

0 Likes

Message 18 of 26

Hi Ady - sorry abou the delay in replying, I have been out all day again.

The email addresses are:

obscured for customer security

Moderator Note:  Addresses passed to Ady via workflow.

0 Likes

Message 19 of 26

Thanks for confirming the security information. Please provide all the affected email addresses as there are none added to your new account.

Ady

0 Likes

Message 20 of 26

Hi KevinB2, I've sent you a personal message to get more information.

Ady

0 Likes