Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Problems with Tiscali EMail server ?

5 REPLIES 5
banzaiboy
First Timer

Anybody else having issues with Tiscali Email Server ? I keep getting message box asking to enter password and end up in a continuous loop asking the same question. Have deleted and remade e mail account but same happens. Using pop/smtp not IMAP as this didn't work either. Account has been working all right until this morning. Haven't done anything to start this off so what's going on.?

I'm stuffed with no emails coming or going.

Does anybody have an answer for me ?

Timbo3765
Gondola
Community Star

Hi @banzaiboy 

A weak password or compromised email account will trigger a password reset or repeated requests for password authentication.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail  to check the password is working.

If you get signed in please compose a mail message and send that message to the same mailbox you signed into. Check the message is sent without error, appears in the Sent objects folder and then appears and stays in the Inbox.

Let us know what happens and the full error message if you get a fail to sign in or send.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Add Likes below to appreciate my help . . . and if I offered a solution Best Answer

OCE_Ady
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi banzaiboy, it looks like Gondola has got you sorted. Please post back to let us know it's sorted. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

banzaiboy
First Timer

Thanks to all that replied to my question.

I have sorted it by emptying my password cache, deleting email accounts and redoing them. Now all seems to be working OK.

many thanks

Timbo3765
Gondola
Community Star

Hi banzaiboy 

Was that the keychain cache or some other?

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Add Likes below to appreciate my help . . . and if I offered a solution Best Answer

OCE_Ady
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi banzaiboy, thanks for posting back to let us know t's sorted. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.