email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with btinternet addresses.

GEG63
Whizz Kid
Message 6 of 6

Is anyone currently having specific problems with sending and receiving to/from btinternet addresses using a pipex domain?

Over the last few days my wife has had a lot of problems with sending to a friend who has a btinternet domain. Her emails come back with a timeout as not being delivered and her friend is saying when she emails her she get a response back saying it's undeliverable!

Both I and she have no problems sending or receiving to/from my yahoo.co.uk alternative email address. Which is surprising as both are now managed by the same company Oath who presumably have the same systems, policies, spam filters etc for both domains.

Both of us have alias addresses under an old generic pipex email address.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi GEG63 

I agree that it looks like the BTInternet mailbox is still hosted on the Yahoo Mail platform.

From the limited detail I've seen there's no specified reason for a rejection of the mail. It looks like the mail message is part of an ongoing conversation as there are references to previous mail messages.

Your Public IP address is on a couple of blacklists but this is not entirely unusual as whole ranges can and do get blacklisted. I only mention that in the context of mail rejection when mail is not encrypted and authenticated. So, the related question is whether you're using SSL/TLS encryption and server authentication?  The reason I ask is that the TalkTalk MTA server reporting is one that I've seen before responding to unencrypted connections. 

That's all I can usefully glean from what you've sent over. Perhaps TalkTalk can tell more by seeing the complete header / attachments from the mail rejection message?

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Hi Gondola

I have sent you a personal message with details of the body text of the last bounced email and the contents of the details.txt and ATT00005.txt files.

All personal data has been assiduously removed.

Looking at the ATT00005.txt file it mentions going via yahoo.co.uk so I presume the recipient has not yet migrated to the new btinternet platform as yet.

Any ideas would be helpful.

It probably isn't worth requesting TalkTalk support as (hopefully) the pipex address  will be eventually migrated to a new server and the problems will (hopefully) be over. I have recommended to my wife that,for the moment,she uses an alternative email (gmx) she already has for any btinternet addresses  . I can use a my yahoo.co.uk one if needed. 

Many thanks for your assistance!

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi GEG63 

If you wish you may Community Personal Message me and I'll do my best to help but yes do please redact any personal data.

And just a reminder that I'm a Community volunteer here to help, guide and advise. Opinions and stances are mine not those of TalkTalk.

If you wish for TalkTalk Support I can request that for you.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 6

Hi Gondola

Well if BT are moving platforms that would certainly explain why there are problems with both sending and receiving. She sent emails prior to the 14th February that went OK to that address but the two that failed were on the 14th and 17th Feb.

I have forwarded the bounced email from my wife's PC to mine. What's the best way of sending you the details. There a stock bounce message in the body and two attachments details.txt & ATT00005.txt (although the latter has more details than the former)!!. I can remove any personal info.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

Hi @GEG63 

Just a heads up that BT are in the process of migrating their mail users from Yahoo Mail to the BT Mail platform from vendor Synchronoss. BT Mail users impacted by this migration should have been notified by BT. 

Without revealing personal data have you got details of the bounceback error messages?

0 Likes