email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RE: Keeping AOL email accounts

tfctt33
Participant
Message 4 of 4

Sorry to create a new post about this, but I was not able to add a reply to the original post, and I was not able to send a message to any of the contributors.

There is a post in this section titled "Keeping AOL email accounts". The information in it seems very sensible and if correct and would fit my situation.

The problem is that every time I look at it, a 'little man' pops out telling me "this post is a little old and may not be relevant anymore…". (The post is dated August 2020.)

It's essential that I do not lose my AoL emails in the 'leaving TalkTalk' situation described in the post, so I need to know if the information in that post really is, or is not, "relevant to today".

Please could someone (perhaps OCE_Ady) tell me if the information is still current and correct and if there is any likelihood of the situation changing in the near future.

Thank you for your assistance.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi tfctt33, Gondola has as always been spot on with the information provided. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 4

Thank You for the confirmation. Yes it does answer my question, and I can see now on looking at my settings that there is a distinction between email for contact and billing purposes and actual TalkTalk email. (I don't have anything in that latter category.)

Gondola
Community Star
Message 3 of 4

The situation has not changed.

When AoL quit the UK broadband market TalkTalk took on the AoL broadband customers.

AoL retained the AoL Mail service. Your AoL Mail accounts continue to be provided by AoL / Oath as part of the Verizon Media organisation. TalkTalk have no involvement in your AoL domain email.

There is no link between your AoL Mail and TalkTalk. The two are completely independent of each other. You can therefore keep your AoL Mail subject to AoL terms and conditions. Sign in at least once every 6 months and keep your password recovery details up to date is the normal AoL advice.

Does this tell you all you need to know?

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved + Accept as Solution