email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Raising a Case With Email Support

gtlouis
Participant
Message 25 of 25

I keep having problems with sending mail from my Tiscali mail address.  I have raised this here before.  I would like to raise a case with the email support team at talk talk.  I am using  apple mail on my imac.  It's worked fine for years but lately i receive mail, but sending mail is erratic and I think it's a problem with talk talk's server.  Occasionally it works, then doesn't and it's erratic.  When I send mail a list of servers comes up and none of them will send.

Where do I go to get them to look at this and raise a support query?

Thanks,

Guy 

0 Likes
24 REPLIES 24

Message 21 of 25

Hi gtlouis 

The TT401 error usually comes up when the email client is isn't getting network authentication for sending. Authentication method is usually by normal password. If the password doesn't meet minimum security requirements then that can trigger the authentication error. 

So, can you confirm the password is a minimum of 8 multicase letters and numbers?

Screenshots of the outgoing server settings would be great so I can see what you have set up. But please obscure the first part of your email address before uploading here. Use the Insert photos icon (camera or picture) above this reply area. Keep the image large.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . and to help others Best Answer

Message 22 of 25

The error message is:  sender rejected authentication required P6SAkwbdXXXMU {TT401}

0 Likes

Message 23 of 25

That info is all in my profile.  i sent a test mail from my webmail, it arrived immediately.  That's not the problem, it's been working fine.  It's when I send mail from the mail client on the imac that it won't work.  I deleted the email accounts I have in mail and re installed them just in case.   It didn't make any difference.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 24 of 25

Hi @gtlouis 

To link this topic to your TalkTalk Mail service, in preparation for direct help from TalkTalk support, please check your Community Profile includes in Personal Information (Click here):

Your name, current TalkTalk landline 'phone and alternate number (mobile preferred). Add your full address with postcode (location). Then scroll down to Private notes to add the tiscali email address and then save changes.

Compose and send the same mailbox a mail message. Check that the message sends without error, is copied into the Sent objects folder and arrives and stays in the Inbox.

Let us know of any error message, or if mail does not arrive in the Inbox or disappears from the Inbox.  The above is just to check that the sending from the mailbox is ok.

When sending fails do you get an error message? The TT error code would be handy to diagnose the issue.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . and to help others Best Answer