email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can’t log in to community

tinkerbell//40
Participant
Message 9 of 9

Prefer to use Community when have a problem, both yesterday & today have been attempting to log in, but I couldn't.

First of all my username, which I have had and used successfully for a number of years, came up saying I could not have spaces between letters, this has not been an issue before.

Attempted to register again, with new details, this came up with numerous problems meaning I couldn't do.

Finally spent over two hours on 'Chat', being given little help, on three occasions they just ended without giving a reason.

It was suggested  I clear my Cache, they would wait while I did so. They disappeared!

So I still cannot log in with original details, but I have finally been able to register as a new user, using different name, password & email details. 

Question is why have I had to go through all this when everything was working fine?

TT were supposed to be forwarding emails to allow help to change password, none of these have been received, yet email to confirm new registration has arrived.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi tinkerbell//40, thanks for letting us know you got sorted on both counts. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

tinkerbell//40
Participant
Message 2 of 9

Just a quick update that access to Community is now working fine.

and....

As I could not access Community due to log in issue, I spent two hours on Chat, being disconnected a number of times, whilst attempting to discuss the three pin plug that came with new router will not go into power socket. They sent another which is exactly the same. Looked on Community and simple answer the earth pin slides out! Oh dear why did the Chat persons not have this knowledge, saving all this time and another being posted?

Once again Community wins over Chat!

Message 3 of 9

If you're happy to leave the old login as is and don't need to access anything then that's also a plan.  In which case I'll not make a request for a change.

If you're also happy with the new login then that's also a plan. Or you can if the option is still available select the link here scroll down and hopefully see the Login tab and, if you wish, take the opportunity to change the new username yourself. NB the password will be changed and you'll get an email to the newly registered email address.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

tinkerbell//40
Participant
Message 4 of 9

Thanks once again Gondola, Tink-E-R-Bell would be fine although maybe I should just stay with recently recreated account to avoid any further problems, TT emails are not always coming through. 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Hi tinkerbell//40 

I can see that TalkTalk Support have not updated the original username so that name is still present as originally created.

I'll draw this to their attention so the name can be amended. There is another username Tinkerbell so they'll not be able to just remove the spaces and may have to include a dash or two. e.g. Tink-E-R-Bell would that be acceptable?

When they do change the username the password is also changed but you would then get instructions to follow in an email. The email address will be the one you used for the original registration.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Just tried to log in as suggested, without spaces.... got this message... That login name and password combination do not match any valid user on this community

0 Likes

tinkerbell//40
Participant
Message 7 of 9

Hi Gondola, thanks for the reply. I did attempt to use original username without spaces with password, without success.

Tink E R Bell was original name, anyway to get this back working? 

It's a shame the TT Chat people could not give me that simple bit of advice, then again you cannot know everything!

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 8 of 9

Hi tinkerbell//40 

Sorry to see you having an issue with the Community login.

The Community have had to remove spaces from usernames because this was being abused by trolls and spammers in futile attempts to impersonate genuine members.

Members that have been recently active have had the space(s) removed and for most members this just means amending the login by not keying in any spaces. The password should not have been changed.

What was the original username? Have you tried without the space and using the password that was previously in use?

0 Likes