Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Re: Email Recovery Details

11 REPLIES 11
Peterboro51
Chatterbox

I had an old lineone.net email address. When I forgot the password I found that my old recovery address that I had registered was not available as I had retired and the work address had been terminated. Is there a way of changing the recovery address to my new talktalk e-mail address.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Peterboro51

If you add the lineone email address to your MyAccount list of emails then you'll be able to change the password right there. MyAccount > My Services > Manage Webmail > Manage existing email addresses.

My understanding is that recovery details for legacy email accounts cannot be changed but there's a suggestion that this may be possible as part of the new TalkTalk webmail.

But I think it would be wise to ask OCE_Ady when he picks up this topic to request that your old recovery details are unlinked from the account for your security.

Please ensure your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) includes your TalkTalk landline phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended). Add, then scroll down and put the lineone email address in Private Notes and save changes. The TalkTalk Community support OCE will then be able to link to your TalkTalk service account.  If you've added the lineone email to your MyAccount list of email addresses it'll be easier.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Give Likes below to appreciate my help . . . and to help others Best Answer

OCE_Ady
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Peterboro51, please post back to let us know once you've added the requested information. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Peterboro51
Chatterbox

I did try adding my lineone.net address to my list of addresses but it would not accept the password. I assume that I have previously been sent a temporary password to my previous recovery e-mail address which was terminated when I retired.

Peterboro51
Chatterbox

I did however add my old emergency back up e-mail address in my private information in my profile. 

is it worthwhile waiting to see if talktalk provides the facility to change the emergency email address or should it be unlinked from the lineone.net account. Thanks for your help so far.

OCE_Ady

I don't think I made myself very clear in my last post my apologies for that.  I can help you get the password reset. I need you to add ALL of the following to the private note section of your community profile:

Email address affected.

Full Name.

Date of Birth.

Mobile contact number.

Phone number linked to email address

Full postal address email is linked to.

Once you've added that post back to let me know and I'll raise a fault ticket to get this sorted for you.

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Peterboro51
Chatterbox

All the information you listed has been added to my profile private note section.

Cheers, Peter

OCE_Ady

Thanks Peter, I've logged the fault ticket for you. You should get a call this morning with the new password. Please let me know how you get on. 

Peterboro51
Chatterbox

I had a call from talktalk at lunchtime.

I was given a temporary password to use to log in under my lineone.net address.

Initially it would not accept this as the system said I had put the wrong password in too many times and the account was frozen for an hour. The helpdesk said they would ring again in an hour.

After another 90 minutes or so I had another call and this time I repeated the process on my laptop. The error message incorrect address or password came up again.

The helpdesk said that the job would be referred to the technical team who would ring me back after 48 hours or so.

Fortunately I am able to access my account and webmail under my new talktalk email address .

Cheers, Peter

OCE_Ady

Hi Peter, I've asked the team to retest your new password and then call you again. I would ask that you type the whole email address and password from scratch rather than allowing autocomplete to fill it in, if that's what you've done previously. 

Peterboro51
Chatterbox

Success!

Your tip about re-typing in the lineone.net address plus the password reset worked.

I now have over 2900 emails to look through. 

Many thanks for your help.

Cheers, Peter

OCE_Ady

You're very welcome. That's what we're here for Peter. If you need anything else you know where to find us. We can help with any and all issues or questions you might have.