Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Re: emails going to trash

25 REPLIES 25
peterlk
Popular Poster

I am having the same problem since launch of new webmail. Some mail goinf to WLM client Inbox and others going to Trash. Difficult to determine whether sender is on Blocked Senders List as I have 100s on there and its not sorted alphabetically or possible to copy to view more easily. TAKE NOTE TALKTALK! Curiously, all remaining SPAM comes to INbox?

Peter

sonicj5
First Timer

I HATE this webmail compared to the old one.

Old one you just clicked the cross and BOOM mail gone.

It takes so long to delete mail and if spamed it it is still in my trash bin.  It usually takes ages to delete anything or load.  Does anybody have problems like this.

Also have emails going straight into trash bin without them being spamed and missing out on things as I haven't replied.

peterlk
Popular Poster

Just to clarify- some incoming mail going straight to Trash folder inTallkTalk webmail. Iknow soe ofthese are definitely not in Blocked Senders List

Is there anybody there???

Peter

peterlk
Popular Poster

Oh for god's sake, now when I mark mails as SPAM in my inbox they go to my Trash folder.

Come on TalkTal sort it out

Peter

OCE_Ady
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Peter, please start your own thread and I'll be happy to help you.

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

peterlk
Popular Poster

What, are you stupid? My post has already been moved to start a new thread. Don't be so lazy and answer my query.

This was sent on the 23 Feb.

Attached as it's not possible to copy and paste - another problem for you to look. And don't dare tell me to start another thread. I'm sending a copy of the email to ceoexec@talktalk.com and Charles Dunstone.

Pathetic service.

Peter

AAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to change the extensionm for the copy of the email;.

peterlk
Popular Poster

not sure if attachment went

peterlk
Popular Poster

I'm still waiting for an answer from OCE_Andy re. my query why incoming email is ending up in Trash folder but, also I notice another problem: When I seelct and marke emails as SPAM instead of going to SPAm folder they go to TRASH folder so, I have to mark them as SPAM again!!!

Can I aslo ask. In my email client (WLM) if I move mail from inbos to my SPAM/JUNK folder will they also be marked as SPAM in TalkTlak Webmail??

regards

Peter

jbuchanangb
Philosopher

Hello Peter

The standard response from any TT OCE regarding 3rd party e-mail clients would be that they are not supported. From your very first message in this thread you used the abbreviation WLM without explanation.

I have all sorts of e-mail clients here set up in various ways so maybe I can help. Specifically I have Windows Live Mail 11 set up to access my talktalk e-mail account using both POP and IMAP.

So the first question is, how is yours set up, is it POP or IMAP?

The next question would be, how have you set the Safety Options in WLM? Accessed by File -> Options -> Safety Options

What happens if you change the setting to "No automatic filtering"? (If it isn't set to that already.)

Forum members and community stars are customers like you, but we just want to help.

Retired the 11 years old Dell, new one is an Inspiron 3881 running Windows 10 and a Qualcomm QCA9377 Wireless Network Adapter with Sagemcom FAST 5364 router.
peterlk
Popular Poster

I did clarify on my post of 19th Oct that, in fact, incoming email is going to thrash folder on TT Webmail. TT=TalkTalk.See attached.In addition, when I mark email as SPM, instead of going to that folder they go to TRASH so, I have to mark them as SPAM again.

I certainly would expect TT to 'support' a third part email client ( although it would be good customer service) but, it is a fact of life that TT customers use them and TT does even provide instructions on how to set them up.

Also, and with the greatet respect, if you don't know what WLM stands for then you really shouldn't be providing support on a this forum.

Now, could someone from TalkTalk please advise. As you have been advised by PWC:stop acting like a start up and start acting like a mature company.

Peter

OCE_Ady

Hi Peter, have you now cleared your blocked senders list. If not please do. The only reason for mail going to trash is if the sender is blocked or if you drop it there deliberately.

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

peterlk
Popular Poster

I did reply to this by email on 26/3 but, it hasn't appeared online. Here it is again;

I wasn’t asked to clear the list.I am reluctant - if I clear my Blocked Senders List does that mean previously blocked senders can now SPAM me again? TalkTalk do not make it easy to edit/sort/view the list but I can find the TalkTalk Community email on the list and your email did arrive in Trash. I also see other addresses that should certainly not be there – why would these senders be blocked – I certainly didn’t block them. I’ve spent a lot of time blocking SPAM and really don’t want to clear the list if it means I have to start all over again. Does TalkTalk consolidate a Blocked List from all users? Why can’t TalkTalk make it easier to amend/delete/view blocked list. Surely it can’t be that difficult. I could then unblcok senders I do want to receive. Shouldn’t senders emails who are are Blocked List go to my SPAM folder??? Peter

1/4/2016 - I have been deleteing genuine email addresses from my Blocked Senders list as they appear in TRASH but, have just noticed they are re-appearing in Blocked Senders List again! Don't tell me - I have to click the 'OK" button each time???

Aaaarggghhh. I'm not telepathic - why doesn't that read 'Save'

abysmal

p

@OCE_Ady wrote:

Hi Peter, have you now cleared your blocked senders list. If not please do. The only reason for mail going to trash is if the sender is blocked or if you drop it there deliberately.

OCE_Ady

I'm sorry it's not clearer. Are you having less problems now?

peterlk
Popular Poster

That's it Andy - just keep bouncing those emails back - don't even attempt to address my questions. I give up - why should I waste my time trying to keep TalkTalk as my primary email account - there are plenty of others and broadband providers.

...you couldn't run a business into the ground any better even if it was tried deliberately.

No doubt, if I move to Virgin, they will be the ones that buy you up.

Finished with TalkTalk.

OCE_Ady

When you click ok are you finding that your mail doesn't go to trash? I'm sorry I worded my last post poorly.

spring2
Chat Champion

I've had the same problem since they were hacked and supposedly sorted it. I have lost work because of it. and have complained many times but this still happens.

I have new contacts that come through fine and then after a while nothing from them, so when I check....sure enough they are in the trash!!

I think if it is someone who sends you an email often, talk talk see them as spam. Either that or certain ip addresses, but I suspect the former as the emails come through ok at the onset.

I think after nearly a year this should be sorted.

jbuchanangb
Philosopher

Hello spring2

You have tagged onto an old thread from another member of the community. If you have a current probelm which you would like help with please start a new thread and explain the exact problem.

Retired the 11 years old Dell, new one is an Inspiron 3881 running Windows 10 and a Qualcomm QCA9377 Wireless Network Adapter with Sagemcom FAST 5364 router.
spring2
Chat Champion

I have tried to explain the problem sooooo many times and no-one listens.  It appears that I am not the only one,

Even your reply went to the trash!!!!!!

jbuchanangb
Philosopher

If you have a current probelm which you would like help with please start a new thread and explain the exact problem.

spring2
Chat Champion

Ihave done this on numerous occasions and used chat and talked on the phone and it still goes on, even talktalk messages fron here are going in the trash

@jbuchanangb wrote:

If you have a current probelm which you would like help with please start a new thread and explain the exact problem.