email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: "My Account" down

mucusreactor
Participant
Message 15 of 15

Yesterday I said all had become well and I could access My Account after re-registering. Unfortunately it is now clear that all is not well. The account services two e mail addresses. One for me and one for my wife. My wife has had no e mails since I re-registered. Usually, when in My Account and I click on Mail, I have to enter the e mail address and password for the one I want to view. That is no longer happening - it just goes straight to my own e mail address. My wife is receiving no e mails and her address cannot be accessed in My Account. She is far from happy!

Are you able to arrange for this urgent problem to be looked at as a priority, or is it now essential for me to phone the TalkTalk call centre?

A Bell (parquet floorlayer extraordinaire. Available for parties, weddings, funerals)
0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

Great work all. Thanks as always for helping other members. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 15

Excellent team effort. Nice work mucusreactor and we appreciate you taking time out to let us have your feedback and most importantly...the wife is happy.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

Message 3 of 15

Great work as always @Gondola, I hoped if I moved this to the right place you would pick it up and you have, brilliantly. Nice one.  👍

Message 4 of 15

Thank you for this suggestion and apologies for it not sinking in immediately upon first read. I now see that you understood the problem exactly without me having to re-explain.

Your suggestion has worked and my wife's e mail is now working on both of her devices.

Thanks again

A Bell (parquet floorlayer extraordinaire. Available for parties, weddings, funerals)

Message 5 of 15

Hi mucusreactor 

I've explained that at the time of your MyAccount issues there was an issue with not receiving tiscali mail.

Your wife has tried to login to webmail with a password that is incorrect.  Outlook however is obviously set up with the correct password as you advise that it's working. But as there's no easy way to discover the password from Outlook the solution is to change the password as I've explained in post 7. I kept the password issue to a separate post to maximise clarity.

She cannot use MyAccount to change the email password because for that she needs to know the correct password.

The only option therefore is to follow the Forgotten password journey here.

The ease of that journey may depend on whether she has previously set up password recovery options.

Let me know if you need clarification on any aspect of changing the email password. Changing your email password may help.

Message 6 of 15
Apologies. I have just re-read your post number 7. That looks like it will address the issue if the option IS available. Thank you, I will come back to you either way.
0 Likes

Message 7 of 15

Thank you for the reply and suggestions. I'm afraid the issue is slightly more complicated, so, to explain:

The original issue was I was unable to access My Account. After entering my address and password my screen went from "Opening account" back to the login page. I was stuck in an endless loop. Entering this problem into Google led me directly to the Community thread you have diverted me from. In there AC Arne informed me that the issue was being caused by my ages old Tiscali address and that it could be resolved by re-registering with an Outlook address. This I did and was able to access My Account. Unfortunately this has caused a different problem.

My wife's e mail is also serviced by the same account. After I re-registered she stopped receiving mail to her iphone. When she tries to receive she gets the error message "No password for Tiscali". We have found that e mails will send from her iphone though. If she goes online to TalkTalk Mail Login it tells her the password she is using is incorrect. Oddly, we have found that her e mail is totally unaffected in Outlook on her Windows laptop. Obviously she cannot carry her laptop around all of the time, so we need to know what to do to get mail flowing back to her iphone.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 15

@ferguson I hope I've covered the issues seen in this thread.

I'll be here to support the customer as necessary and OCE_Ady will be here next week if additional TalkTalk Support is required.

Thanks for your support as I probably would not have seen the email issues otherwise.

Message 9 of 15

If there's still a password issue to access mail on any device and the user does not know the correct password then the password can be changed using the Forgotten password link on the webmail sign in or in the help page Changing your email password 

Do not delete the email address in the customer MyAccount as that will be a permanent deletion and recovery from that will not be possible.

Using the Forgotten password journey the user should see options for sending a reset link to an alternative email address or a 6 digit code to a mobile number.

Let me know if password recovery options are not available and TalkTalk Staff will be able to set those up if needed.

However, as access via the laptop to the mail messages is still possible, in this case, then a password reset can be sent to the email account itself and viewed via the laptop.  When the password is changed obviously emails to the laptop will cease until the password is updated.

Access to webmail via the internet browser is then good using the new password and the user can then update password recovery reset details if needed via the TalkTalk Mail main settings menu.

Enter the tiscali email address and password, select Sign in.

The main settings menu is a triple line icon on the main header of a desktop browser and a cog icon for a mobile browser.

Menu options - Update your reset details 05Aug2020

Message 10 of 15

At the end of the week there was an issue with tiscali mail and not receiving incoming mail messages to email clients. This is resolved and email client access was restored and mail should be flowing again into the tiscali mailbox inbox.

Webmail access, accessing the mailbox via an Internet browser, remained good.

Everything should be working fine and if not then the first check is to sign in to the mailbox by launching an internet browser.

Enter your tiscali email address and tiscali email password, select Sign in.

Let us know if there's a sign in error message, a send error message when you send a test mail to the same mailbox address or if the sent mail does not get copied to the Sent objects folder or does not arrive in and stay in the Inbox.

Tip: When using a single computer to look at TalkTalk Mail mailboxes it's necessary to sign out out a mailbox before signing in to the other.

Sign out

However, you can add email addresses to the one sign in. There's an Add email account option in the left pane Folder view.

Add email account.png

Select Add email account, enter the tiscali email address and password and select the Add button.

Message 11 of 15

@Gondola I have extracted this from another thread as it is a new and separate issue. Would you be kind enough to advise, please?

0 Likes

Message 12 of 15

Arne, there may be some confusion between us. What do you mean by Webmail? Google tells me it's a service through a standard browser: G mail, Hotmail, Outlook etc. My wife does not have an e-mail set-up with any of these. Thinking it through, she should be able to access her account through a standard browser by using the TalkTalk Mail Login. This she cannot do, as it tells her her password is incorrect. This, if you recall, is the same error message she is receiving in the mail program on her iphone. Quite why her e mail is working perfectly in Outlook on her Windows laptop seems bizarre. The situation is far from ideal - she can't walk around with her laptop all of the time. We need your help and hopefully the symptom is now specific enough for you to nail down and solve.

Just in case you are now hazy how this started, it all happened after I re-registered my Account from a Tiscali address to an Outlook address at your suggestion.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 15

She does not have a webmail account.

Since my last message we have found:

She can send an e-mail using her iphone mailbox, but nothing comes in. The error message reads "Cannot get mail. No password for Tiscali". Changing her password to the one I have registered with has no effect.

She can send and receive e mails from Office Outlook on her Windows laptop.

I can no longer access her e mails in Talk Talk My Account.

If I go to My Services/Manage TalkTalk Mail her e mail address still exists, but all I can do there is either delete it or change the password. We have not tried to change the password.

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 14 of 15

Can your wife access the her email via webmail,

Because your email address is the main login My Account will automatically link to the main account holder.

0 Likes