email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reactivate email account

GoodTimes
Whizz Kid
Message 12 of 12

My @talktalk.net email account was suspended because it was not being used.

I deleted the @taktalk.net email account in My Account --> My Service --> Manage TalkTalk Mail.

I am now unable to create a new account using the same @talktalk.net email address.  I get the message ... This email address is not available. Please try another.

I am confident that nobody has created an email account using my name in the short time between deleting and attempting to recreate the account.

Can the email account be fully deleted so that I can create a new account with the same name?

Thank you for your help.  Graham.

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Thanks for adding it. I'm afraid it has been fully deleted. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 12

The email address has been added to private notes in my profile.  Thank you again.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

Actually, pop the email addresss into private notes in your profile so that I can make sure it has deleted. Just in case it's not already been done. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

Ady, Thank you for looking at this for me.  Graham.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

Hi GoodTimes, unfortunately the mail address is not able to be reused. 

Ady

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

Ady will respond during the working week. The reason that TalkTalk do not permit the re-use of an email address is to prevent a new user receiving new mail sent to that address. 

I know from experience of another Big ISP Mail service, that doesn't use this security measure, that when I created a new address I inadvertently used a deleted address for another person. It's staggering how much personal data is conveyed in some mail messages and attachments. 

You will need to prove to the satisfaction of the Data Protection team that you were the genuine user of the email address before they will authorise release of the address to you. 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved + Accept as Solution

Message 7 of 12

Ady

Thank you ... I do not want the emails that were in the account ... I want only to re-use the email address ... Is it possible to delete an email address from the list of "previously-used" email addresses?  Thanks for your help.

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 8 of 12

Hi GoodTimes, unfortunately once an email address is deleted it cannot be recreated. By deleting it you deleted all the mail in the mailbox and prevented it from ever being used again. 

Ady

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 9 of 12

All content and contacts will have been permanently deleted so will not be of help in proving you were the genuine user. 

Your name being rare and included as the local part of the email address is in your favour. If you can pull together some more information that would help the Data Protection team in their task. 

But be prepared for a disappointment. Good luck. 

GoodTimes
Whizz Kid
Message 10 of 12

Thank you for taking the time.

I found the links about changing the password and deleting the account after the damage was done (so many webpages ... so little time).

The email address was my ... firstname.surname@talktalk.net  ... and my name is not at all common ... so maybe ...

Plus ... there are few if any emails in the account and I don't want access to them ... I would just like to be able to use the email address.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 11 of 12

Hi GoodTimes Graham

Not necessarily good news for you.  If the email address had been suspended then leaving it in your Customer MyAccount and simply changing the password would have restored access.

Deleted Email error message Explains that it is not possible to recreate an email address that has been permanently deleted. You would have seen a warning message when selecting and proceeding with the delete option.

The address now exists only on the deleted database and there is no personal data associated with the address to link anybody to the address to definitively prove who the user was. 

Normally, the Data Protection rules require 5 separate and distinct items of evidence to link a person as the user of the email address.

So, let's start with some preliminary questions.

• Is your real name part of the address? e.g. graham.goodtimes@talktalk.domain
  • Do you have emails from TalkTalk to that email address quoting your name and or current postal address?
  • Do you have emails from TalkTalk to that email address quoting your customer account number
  • Do you have emails from TalkTalk to that email address about your billing
  • Any other emails from TalkTalk?

If the answers are yes then it would be worth the time to contact the Data Protection team to see what evidence they'd accept. 

Contact the Data Protection team Select here, scroll down and expand the SAR section to see contact details.