email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reactivating old email

Nick K1
First Timer
Message 8 of 8

Hello. Could anybody tell me how I go about reactivating an email account linked to my main account? It hasn't been used for probably 2 or 3 years due to forgotten password. I've tried resetting the password but I'm quiet sure it's been frozen due to lack of activity. I really need this email address back as it is linked to an important social media account. 

I'd appreciate any help.

All the best, Nick

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi Nick,,

I've sent you a PM

Chris

Message 2 of 8

Thanks for your help Gondola!

Message 3 of 8

Thanks Chris. Have replied to your message

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Hi Nick,

I've sent you a PM so that we can look into this further 

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Hi Nick

The responses give a positive indication that the mailbox does not exist. i.e. the mailbox is deleted through non-use. TalkTalk will flag up a mailbox for deletion after 180 days after the user last signed in. If still no sign in after a year then mailboxes do get deleted by the system. Unfortunately that's a permanent deletion of all contents and related data and there's no ability for anyone to recreate the email address.

Sorry to be the bearer of unwelcome news.

You're welcome to hold on to Monday for TalkTalk Community Support to conclusively check the deletion. I'd recommend a plan to use alternate recovery methods for the social media account.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 6 of 8

Thanks, I've added the details. I have tried emailing the address and it got returned undeliverable. I just tried the link you sent me to see if it is still active and it shows it not active but still linked to tiscali.

I tried to change the password earlier today but it said i was unable to do that at that time.

Many thanks for your help so far!

Nick

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 7 of 8

Hi Nick K1 

To link this topic to your TalkTalk Mail service, in preparation for direct help from TalkTalk support, please check your Community Profile includes in Personal Information (Click here):

Your name, current TalkTalk landline 'phone and alternate number (mobile preferred). Add your full address with postcode (location). Then scroll down to Private notes to add the 'forgotten' email address(es), notes and references etc and then save changes.

You can check if an email account is still active in a number of ways:

• Send the email address a message and see if you get an immediate 'Undeliverable' bounceback error message
  • Check for deliverability at this website and see if that confirms Deliverable
  • Try the Forgotten password button to see if you have password recovery options and if you get a message indicating the mailbox is deleted

Let us know the outcome of each and we'll guide you from there.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved + Accept as Solution

0 Likes