Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Recipient Invalid

2 REPLIES 2
ril65
First Timer

I have two tiscali email accounts,both are sending msg ok. One is not recieving,I was told of this by a third party and when I tried to send from one to the other I also got a msg from the email transport server which said Recipient Invalid. If I send a msg from the faulted account to the other and then click on reply it goes back fine ? Please help.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @ril65 

The error message indicates the email address being used is incorrect. So we need to find out more.

To link this topic to your TalkTalk Mail service, in preparation for direct help from TalkTalk support, please check your Community Profile includes in Personal Information (Click here):

Your name, current TalkTalk landline 'phone and alternate number (mobile preferred). Add your full address with postcode (location). Then scroll down to Private notes to add email address(es), notes and references etc and then save changes.

For each email address in turn, compose and send the same mailbox a mail message. Check that the message sends without error, is copied into the Sent objects folder and arrives and stays in the Inbox. Mail not reaching the Inbox could mean there's a Filter rule, including an Auto forward which is a special filter rule, that's diverting, discarding or blocking mail.

Let us know of any error message, or if mail does not arrive in the Inbox or disappears from the Inbox. Mail being collected by a POP3 mail client could be deleting the mail from the Inbox making you think mail is not being received.

What was the full 'Recipient invalid' error message including error codes?

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

OCE_Ady
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi ril65, if you want me to take a look please add the affected email address to your private notes section of your community profile. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.