email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regular incoming email now bouncing back to sender

doiran1917
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

Hi all

Have just been told by a regular emailer to my account that he received the following error message when his email bounced back:

host: mx.talktalk.net (62.24.202.42) reason: 550 5.1.1 cP0LlxME36cyk Recipient Undeliverable (TT512)

Anyone seen this before and if so, is there a fix?

Thanks

Doiran1917

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

I've asked the email team for their input. I ask them everytime and so far haven't had a response, but am happy to try again. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Hi @doiran1917 

I suspect a transient issue with the MX server not able to accept all inbound mail for some senders during the late evening of 29 April and overnight.  Most mail services would retry but as the bounceback error message does indicate a permanent fail the retry may not have been triggered.

The answer is to retry now. When I tested during the early morning today the system was running normally. Some mail that was accepted for delivery was then being delivered albeit delayed.

Let us know if the TT512 failure message is still being issued as it could mean that your mailbox is not accepting new mail. The same error message would apply, for example, to a full mailbox or if the sender's mail is blocked at your mailbox. 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved + Accept as Solution