email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove post

Luke Welham
First Timer
Message 10 of 10

Can somebody from talktalk please get in touch about removing a community post with my personal name?

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 10

Hi Luke Welham, how can I help you? 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 2 of 10

HI

I have removed any names from your recent posts. This is something you can do, if you make a post you can edit it and remove any content you do not want to appear.  Alternatively you can also cancel your account as mentioned by Gondola earlier in this thread.

You have also used your full name as your Community login, this is something you control and can change or remove by cancelling your community account.  If you do not want your name to appear in a public forum, then you should choose a Community login that does not link to your real name.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 3 of 10

I have asked staff to look into this issue, but I cannot see that they can do anything further from Talktalk's end. I hope they will reassure the customer that we have given the correct advice. 

As soon as the customer chooses to become Anonymous again, all reference to the name will show Anonymous within the site.

Regarding the wider issue on the www, it is complicated:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_to_be_forgotten

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 4 of 10

You've had a reply from @Gliwmaeden2 that will now also appear in an Internet search result because your name has appeared in her post. So you're creating yourself even more of an Internet search history with the help of others. BUT nothing links the name to you as an individual. Search the Internet for your name and there are numerous results. Click on the TalkTalk results and you will not see an active page only an Internet cached page.

Feel free to  contact TalkTalk Data Protection.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like (below) to support me . . . Mark as solved (below)  Accept as Solution

Luke Welham
First Timer
Message 5 of 10

Can somebody from talktalk please look into this? All I want to do is delete my post but no option to do so

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 6 of 10

I see what you mean, @Luke Welham.

I moved your own other thread out of the way of public view, but I can't really do this to another customer's thread. Even if I move the individual post and reply, which refers to you as Anonymous, it may not remove it from a search using your actual name.

It is only the case that someone putting in your name in connection with Talktalk would find their way to it, but, I agree, it's a problem that we leave a digital footprint wherever we go. I think that you might need to take this up with Google (and any other search engine....) as part of a "right to be forgotten" issue. 

It is a loophole that is worth us drawing to the attention of the community management team. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 7 of 10

The Internet search bots have no access to your 'personal data' on TalkTalk Community and TalkTalk doesn't control what the Internet caches about you. When the search bots do their next trawl of Community they'll not find any mention of you on Community. Google search 'delete myself from the Internet' and see the advice you might choose to follow.

Luke Welham
First Timer
Message 8 of 10

hi there, my name comes up on google search under an old talktalk post. It’s near impossible to login and actually delete or action anything so I have had to start a new post. Can you please look into my old account? It’s under the same email address as this one 

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 9 of 10

You don't have any posts on public display with any personal information. If you're concerned that your choice of username for this Community constitutes 'personal information' then just  Close account here, scroll down, select the Close account button and confirm you wish to close your Community account.