email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset DSL.PIPEX.COM email password

Gareth_W1
Chatterbox
Message 34 of 34

Hi @Ady-TalkTalk/ @Chris-TalkTalk,

I have the same problem as above.

I still use an @dsl.pipex.com account as my main account and can find no way to change the passwords or manage mailboxes? - there used to be a dashboard but this is no longer available. Could you point me in the right dorection also? - I am not even able to login to this forum as it says my account/password are not compatible.

thanks in advance for your help!

Gareth W.

0 Likes
33 REPLIES 33

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 34

Hi Gareth_W2, sorry I read that as you wanted it deleting and Gondola gave you the right advice for that. I've sent you a PM so that I can do this for you. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 34

Hi Gareth_W2 

I'll push a reminder to Ady that you're still awaiting a new password to allow you to tidy up the pipex email account prior to requesting deletion by the Data Protection team. 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . and to help others Best Answer

0 Likes

Message 3 of 34

Hi @Gondola @Ady-TalkTalk, ok thanks for the advice.

In fairness i have never had any email replies from anyone saying that they have received a spurious email from me?

As it stands I have not heard anything back from TalkTalk - do you know when they are likely to call me?

Regards,

Gareth W.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 34

Hi Gareth, Gondola's advice is spot on. Please let us know if you need anything more. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 34

Hi Gareth

Once your email address is known and relentlessly used by spammers and criminal scammers the decision to delete the account to prevent it being used or spoofed is a decision that's wise to take.

It usually takes time to make sure that every related / linked use of an email account is migrated to a new account and wanted emails are backed up.  So when you're sure you no longer need the account the Data Protection Team will authorise deletion for you that is your right under the GDPR. Access information we hold on you - Right to Erasure 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 34

OK, thanks Gondola, much appreciated. Sadly, I think it is probably time to move away from this old account and use one of the standard email services.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 34

Hi Gareth

You're getting a lot of scam emails spoofing your email address and it's likely that the email address is being spoofed and used to scam others. It's an unfortunate side effect of the criminal gangs using your email address that it gets flagged as a possibly compromised email account even though it has been secured with a strong password.

So long as you don't respond in any way to the scammers they'll move on to use other email addresses. 

In the meantime, the team will get you a new password organised from Monday onwards when they're back on duty.

Message 8 of 34

Thanks for your response @Gondola , very much appreciated. I do scan the machine I am using pretty regularly and I have had no suspect behaviour beyond the usual raft of self addressed email spoofs telling me my machine is compromised and giving me a password from about 10 years ago as evidence (from the yahoo leak years ago I believe). Will TalkTalk be able to indicate why the email account was locked down?

0 Likes

Message 9 of 34

Hi Gareth

It's unusual for an ultra-strong password to be reset so soon.  Could be a system error but this might indicate that the email system has detected a compromised email account, and changed the password or locked the account to help secure customer data; you'll need help to recover access but first do scan your devices for viruses and malware to have confidence that the devices are clean before changing the password once more.

You've not noted any suspicious activity?  No mailer-daemon bounceback error messages?

I've pushed in an alert to the TalkTalk team for another password to be generated.

Message 10 of 34

@Ady-TalkTalk  @Gondola   - See above. Are you able to assist?

0 Likes

Message 11 of 34

Hi Ady,

My Pipex email account seems to have died again.

It keeps prompting me to enter the password; however when i enter the password that I was given previously it fails to connect? - Are you able to assist?

I haven't received any email since last week - Webmail also not working.

Kind Regards,

Gareth Wonfor

0 Likes

Message 12 of 34

Hi andrewe, if you start your own thread I'll be delighted to help.

0 Likes

andrewe
First Timer
Message 13 of 34

Hi,

Can you please arrange to reset my dsl.pipex.com password? I've filled in all the details in the private information section as requested.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 14 of 34

That's great. Thanks for posting back to let us know it's sorted. 

0 Likes

Message 15 of 34

Password sorted. Thanks for your help! 🙂

Kind Regards,

Gareth W.

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 16 of 34

You're very welcome. 

Message 17 of 34

Superb. thanks for your help. I will let you know how it goes.

0 Likes

Message 18 of 34

I've asked Kelani to call you today. Please let us know how you get on. 

Message 19 of 34

Yes, sorry. I was in a meeting and missed the call. I am around at home all day tomorrow so will be available on the phone.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Gareth W.

0 Likes

Message 20 of 34

Hi Gareth_W2, Amii tried to get hold of you twice on the 13th. I've asked Kelani to try and get hold of you today he'll give you the new password.