email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resetting a forgotten email password

AllanMorgan
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

Some time ago I set up an email address for my wife under My Mailboxes.

She uses it via an iPad and so doesn't need to enter it to get her mail. She now has a new iPad so we need to reset her forgotten password.

The only option I have when using the Manage Mailboxes service is to have a resyt code to her email which we cannot log into - I've managed to disable it on her old iPad.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi AllanMorgan, if you only that the one email address showing in the password reset details we'll have to get those changed. I've sent you a personal message to get more information.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Hi @AllanMorgan 

Changing an email password is easy so long as Reset details have been set up before forgetting the password.

If the mailbox has been accessed previously by webmail i.e. via the TalkTalk sign in here then it's possible that the browser has saved the login and if so then the password can be viewed and recovered from the Saved logins.

I'll let TalkTalk know that the password reset options aren't available. A TT Staff member will verify you as the registered email user and set up Reset details so you can get the password changed.

To proceed, please check your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) includes your name, current landline and mobile contact 'phone numbers and address with postcode (location) then scroll down to Private notes and add the email address and Save changes.

In due course a TalkTalk Community Team member will reply here and then Community Personal Message you to verify you as the mail user; so be prepared to provide on request to TT Staff only:

• Email address affected
  • Your Full Name
  • Date of Birth
  • Landline 'phone number and Full postal address linked to the email address when first registered OR TalkTalk account security answers
  • Include Reset details - an active alternate email address and (optionally) a mobile number to receive a password reset link or code.

When you're verified the Reset details will be set up within 48 hours allowing you to set your own password via the Forgotten Password journey. Make sure the password is ultra-strong and unique to the mailbox.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution