email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resetting forgotten mailbox password

Tomprice0189
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

Hi, posting this on behalf of my 82 year old Nan who is very frustrated at the support given so far over the phone.

to cut a long story short, my Nan has forgotten her talk talk email password because she switched to gmail a few years back. It turns out her Facebook account is still linked to the talktalk email and when she got a new iPad recently we need to also reset that.

she has access to Talktalk myaccount because that is setup via her gmail address, but the problem comes when trying to reset the mailbox account. The only options are a) enter the current password b) send a reset link to the talk talk mailbox.

clearly neither of these options are much help as she doesn’t remember the password and doesn’t have access to the mailbox.

any ideas how to get access to the mailbox?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi Tomprice0189, Gondola is right. Please let us know when your nan has registered here on the community so that we can help her.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Hi Tom

As your Nan hasn't set up password recovery reset details she's going to have to register with this Community and request that TalkTalk set up her Gmail address and, if she has one, her mobile number so that she's got those as password recovery options and not just the reset to the mailbox currently inaccessible.

Hopefully you'll help her register as that's the first step. 

The next step is to either post here or start a new topic and to link to her TalkTalk

service.  She should please check her Community Profile includes in Personal Information (Click here):

Her name, current TalkTalk landline 'phone and alternate number (mobile preferred). Add full address with postcode (location). Then scroll down to Private notes to add email address(es), notes and references etc and then save changes.

TalkTalk Staff will pick up her topic next week from Tuesday onwards, verify her as the registered user of the email address and set up Reset details for password recovery so she can then create a new access password to sign in to her mailbox.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved + Accept as Solution