email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restoring accidently deleted email

pellegrini
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

Whilst checking my email on iphone I seem to have deleted all my emails older than 27/06/21.

They are not in my deleted items folder or any others and do not show up in windows email or if I log onto webmail.

Are they gone for good or can they still be restored on the server by talktalk?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Chris

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 5

Hi pellegrini, Gondola has you on the right path. I'll you in Gondola's safe hands. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 5

Hi pellegrini 

TalkTalk don't offer a backup service for mail messages. 

Did you inadvertently delete the messages? I ask because if you didn't knowingly delete all the older messages then maybe a new device or mail collection service like Gmail is downloading and deleting messages from the Inbox. 

If you have any suspicion that someone else has accessed your mailbox then the solution is to change the email password. 

Changing your email password 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

pellegrini
First Timer
Message 3 of 5

No, the online trash folder is empty as well.

Looks like they are gone for good unless Talk Talk archive or can restore them, which I guess they don't do.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Hi pellegrini 

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your email address and password, select Sign in.

Look in the online 🗑️ Trash folder. All deleted items are moved to Trash and will be there for at least 30 days. You can restore selected mail messages to the Inbox. 

An iPhone app set up as an IMAP email account will synchronise deleted items to the online Trash folder.  Hoping you haven't permanently emptied the Trash.

If you are using an email app set up as a POP3 email account on the iPhone that's been downloading and deleting mail messages from the online Inbox then those messages exist only on the iPhone. Delete those and that's the same as a permanent deletion. There is no TalkTalk backup in that case. 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution