email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SENDING MAIL

deadbeatdave
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

Like others, I am struggling to send emails.  I get the STARTTLS instruction.  I have not dared to change any settings.  The oddest thing is that I can use my 10 year old desk top to send emails, my mobile occasionally, and my new laptop never.  Am I right to keep my head down while the xperts sort it out for all types of machine ?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi deadbeatdave, you don't need to change anything this is a fault on our end. The servers were reset overnight whilst they were updated. Please retest this morning and let me know how you get on.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Thanks Ady

Sadly, I'm still getting the same message on my laptop.  I can work round it on my old machine, but there clearly is some sort of issue.  I am 77 and a total non-techie so I don't want to have to change anything without clear simple instructions !!

PS I have tried my standard approach of switching off and starting again, but it hasn't worked this time.  I assume I don't need to restart my BT/TalkTalk router ?

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 5

Hi deadbeatdave, the servers were reset yesterday afternoon. Your mail should be working normally now. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Hi deadbeatdave 

This is a TalkTalk fault so make no settings changes at your end.

It's due to a fault on an SMTP email server sending out mail. Not all mailboxes will show the error as it depends which server gets selected for sending mail.

The workaround is to try using an alternate email address or send mail using an email client like Windows Mail, Outlook, Thunderbird or Apple Mail etc or use a third party email app. At least whilst the TalkTalk team are fixing the fault.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like (below) to support me . . . Mark as solved (below)  Accept as Solution