email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Second email address has disappeared from my account

Pam170
First Timer
Message 6 of 6

Today I had problems accessing my email accounts and had to create a new password. That gave me access to my TalkTalk account and my primary email address but I can't access my second email address - it's not showing at all in my account.

I've tried adding it as a new email address but it won't configure  automatically and I don't know how to do it manually.

What's been going on and what should I do?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi Pam170 

Knowing the password for the secondary email address is essential to the auto-configuration of the added email account.

The Reset your password now button in the help article  Changing your email passwordwill take you to password reset and recovery.  If the email address is still active on the TalkTalk Mail platform and you have set up password recovery options, that you recognise from the hints, then you can send your alternate email address a link or your mobile a 6-digit code to authorise a password reset.

Then return to adding the email account to your primary email sign in and knowing the new password you'll find the account should automatically be added. 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like (below) to support me . . . Mark as solved (below)  Accept as Solution

Message 2 of 6

Hi Gondola

I appreciate your help but unfortunately it hasn't worked. When I try to add my second email address manually as advised, it says the credentials are invalid. I suspect that this is because I don't remember the password for the second email address. Would it have been different to my main email address?

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 6

Hi Pam170, Gondola's done some good work there to help you get this sorted. It's always nice to see a thank you or even just confirmation of success.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 4 of 6

Hi Pam170 

Have you successfully added your secondary email address?

We do appreciate you taking time out to give us your feedback.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like (below) to support me . . . Mark as solved (below)  Accept as Solution

Gondola
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

Hi Pam170 

For security reasons, all credentials are encrypted with your primary account password. If you change your primary password, your secondary email accounts will stop working. However, the secondary account should still be listed unless you've deleted it via the Accounts option in TalkTalk Mail.

To add an existing email account to TalkTalk Mail:

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your primary talktalk.net email address and password, select Sign in.

In the left pane below the folders you'll see a link Add email account. This is to add an existing secondary or external email account to the primary sign in.

• Select Add email account
    A window will appear
  • Enter your other email address and password
  • Select Add

Unified email.png

Does your email account get added ok?

If that's good, now, when using webmail you'll just sign in to the primary talktalk.net mailbox and you'll see all accounts via the one primary sign in.  For the secondary email account folders just select the inward facing arrowhead to show their folders. Unread mail in the Inbox is indicated by a number after the Inbox folder.

You can also send mail from an added account when composing mail messages.

Doesn't stop you signing out and signing in to each account individually should you need to adjust individual account settings. 

Manual setup

If the auto-configuration fails and you got a window asking if you wish to ignore warnings about not having a secure connection, and then continue, you get the manual setup

For the manual setup here's an example using any TalkTalk Consumer Mail domain:

• Email address: your full email address

INCOMING SERVER

• Server name: mail.talktalk.net
  • Connection security: SSL/TLS
  • Server port: 993
  • Username: your full email address
  • Password: the email password

OUTGOING SERVER

• Server name: smtp.talktalk.net
  • Connection security: STARTTLS
  • Server port: 587