Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Seeking help with ipad recognising new email password

2 REPLIES 2
Keith19
First Timer

My main email address was pawned and I was advised to change the password of both my account and email address.. I did this on my pc and it worked ok. However when I try to send an email on my ipad or my wife's ipad it says Cannot send mail your password for ktandrt etc is incorrect. When I put in the password under incoming mail server and then try sending another message it says Cannot send mail. Your username or password is incorrect. 

Whnat do I do, please?

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Keith19 

If the sending of mail is just being stopped because of an incorrect password then the logical conclusion is that the outgoing SMTP server settings for your email account on the iPad need updating with the new password.

The incoming mail server (IMAP) is for receiving inbound mail.

The outgoing mail server (SMTP) is for sending mail.

Both need to use your credentials which are the Username (full email address) and Password (for that email address).

Let me know what talktalk domain your email is - just the part after the @ symbol. For example, talktalk.net or lineone.net or tiscali.co.uk or something else.

I'll let you have confirmation of the recommended email account settings.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Add Likes below to appreciate my help . . . and if I offered a solution Best Answer

OCE_Ady
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Keith19, has Gondola's advice helped you get this sorted?

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.