email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send/Receive Error in MS Outlook

almac47
First Timer
Message 6 of 6

Fault began on 24th April. We have two email addresses, only one of which is affected. Incidentally, the same issue affected the same email address in October 2019 and which was eventually resolved but without any reason being advised.
Error msge: "Task 'Synchronizing subscribed folders for xxx.xxxxx@talktalk.net.' reported error (0x800CCC0E) : 'Outlook cannot synchronize subscribed folders for xxx.xxxxx@talktalk.net. Error: Cannot connect to the server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

Emails are being received on mobile and logging into Webmail, that is working too.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi @almac47 

Nice work.

Thanks for taking time out to let us know. We always appreciate your feedback.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

Message 2 of 6

Apologies for delay in responding! Finally managed to delete and re-enter the email address as per your advice and it has worked. I was initially concerned about the Outlook password since I had no idea what it was but I used that for webmail and it is OK. Also stumbled over backing up. I backed-up .pst but Oulook suggested backing-up .ost. I couldn't see any way to do this so didn't. All the folders were duly rebuilt - so quite a relief. Really hope this never happens again. Tks so much for your help!!

Message 3 of 6

...and if you follow my advice to remove the email account from Outlook to completely remove any corruption of Outlook data associated with the email account and then set the account up afresh?...

You'll not get rid of a corruption by checking the settings. Although if the settings were not as recommended, that's another matter.

Message 4 of 6

Hi Gondola,

Thanks for the swift reponse. Having checked Outlook settings, we are already using IMAP/SMTP....

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

Hi @almac47 

Likely to be an Outlook error as you've got the same mailbox working ok via webmail and a mobile app.

So, remove the email account from Outlook and set it up afresh as an Other, IMAP email account.

Email settings - IMAP & POP3 

Microsoft advice

0 Likes