email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending emails to multiple addresses

Cymro275
First Timer
Message 7 of 7

Using the "old" email system I could send an email to 30 of our Society members. If I do this with the new "upgraded" system I get the message "Invalid email errors" with a list of all the email addresses. Can someone inform me what is going on - is there eg a limit on the number of recipients you can list?

I first contacted the Technical Service Department who then escalated the problem. A few days later I got a message from someone in the Customer Service Dept. in Salford who said he would phone again within 72 hours - but he never did. When I try to contact the Customer Service Dept. I always get a recorded message saying that they will contact me - but they never do! How do you get to speak to a person in Customer Services?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Great support as always Gondola. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Hi @Cymro275 

There's an Import function for the TalkTalk Address Book. It just requires a Comma Separated Contacts List in the standard format and you may import your contacts in one go.

Contacts Import.png

You may wish to set up a couple of contacts in the TalkTalk Mail Address Book and then carry out an Export to a CSV file so you can check that the format of the required headers is correct for your contacts list.  If your list originated from another email program like Outlook etc then it may already be in a suitable format.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . and to help others Best Answer

Message 3 of 7

Hi There,

I did not perhaps make it clear in the previous e-mail that what I thought was complicated and time consuming was actually setting up the names of 30 or so recipients into the Address Book.

But that of course would only need to be done once!

Once again thanks for the information.

Cymro275

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Hi Cymro275 

It's easy with TalkTalk Mail when you use the Address Book:

1. Select TalkTalk Mail
  2. Select Compose
  3. Select BCC
  4. Select the Address Book
  5. Select the Distribution list
  6. Compose and send

Your method:

1. Select Word
  2. Select the file
  3. Select the list
  4. Select copy
  5. Select TalkTalk Mail
  6. Select Compose
  7. Select BCC
  8. Select paste
  9. Compose and send

Isn't that more steps? But feel free to use your method if you're more comfortable with it. Are the addresses separated by commas when you paste them?  If they are then you should have no problem.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 7

Many thanks for all the information.

I haven't tried it out as yet - but does it have to be this complicated?

On the old system I simply copied the e-mail addresses from my list in Word into the e-mail and pressed Send!

Once again many thanks

Cymro275

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

Hi @Cymro275 

You shouldn't have a problem sending to a group of 30 recipients. First create your Distribution List from the group of individual recipients' email addresses.  Then when you compose your email select BCC from the To: line to open up the BCC line and using the address book icon select the required Distribution List from the address book contacts.

In the new TalkTalk Mail the Contacts Group is called a Distribution list.  You'll find your previously defined Contacts Groups in the alphabetical Address Book Contacts list with a sub-title of Distribution list.

To create a new Distribution List (group email) in new TalkTalk Mail:

• Login to new TalkTalk Mail
  • Select Address Book from the blue header bar
  • Select New from the sub-header and then from the drop-down menu
    Select Add contact or Add distribution list
  • In this example, select Add distribution list
  • In the new window
    Give the Distribution list a name
  • In the Add contact box either add contacts manually or
    Select existing contacts - Select the Contacts icon on the right side of the box
    In the Select Contacts pop-up window
    Tick the box to the left of each contact you wish to add to the Distribution list
    Select the blue Select button
  • When complete select the blue Create list button at the bottom of the page
    You'll get a confirmation window appear
    The Distribution list will appear in the alphabetical list of Contacts

Add distribution list

To Edit an existing Distribution list

• Select the Distribution list from the Contacts
  • Select Edit from the sub-header
    A panel will appear listing the Participants (Individual contacts)
  • Select the dustbin icon to the right of a contact to delete from the list
    It will delete without confirmation
  • To add a contact either type the email address in the Add contact box
    OR select one or more contacts from the Address Book
    Select the Address Book icon in the right side of the Add contact box
  • When done select the blue Save button at the bottom

Tip: Keep each Distribution list to no more than 50 individual contact addresses. This is to make sure the spam detection doesn't get triggered by the sending to more than 50 recipients per hour. If you have a group of more than 50 recipients split into several Distribution lists then spread the sending out over the day.

0 Likes