Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Sending emails via Oulook

ANSWERED
16 REPLIES 16
Scuttyoftheyard
Team Player

For a week now I have been able to receive, but not send e-mails from my Outlook folder via my tiscali.co.uk email account. I get the same message all the time:
Task '@tiscali.co.uk - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).  The server responded: 554 cm4gb1 smtp.talktalk.net ESMTP server not available'

TalkTalk have said there is a known outage but should it really take a whole week to sort this out? I seem to remember this is a problem that occurred before.

hosay299
Philosopher

Hi

welcome, please make sure ur profile on here is filled in.

please do not post any personal info on the fourm theads as they are fully public.

Are u ablt to sned and recivie in the webmail on talktalk site fine??

Have u checked the setting on the out going side as they might have changed.

As there is no issues show on the Service Dashboard here.

Have u send the help page here might help.

are u using pop3 settings as out going as it says to unless just set up the e-mail address 

Please wait for a OCE to reply they are talktalk staff on here. they should reply with in a few days.

Hope that help Regards Joe
If so then give me a Kudos ( Click the Thumb up Button)
OCE_Ady
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Scuttyoftheyard, there's no current issue relating to this. Have you tried removing and the readding the email account from Outlook?

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Scuttyoftheyard
Team Player

Yes tried that-still receiving but can't send.

wgcuser
Wise Owl

Have you moved from a TalkTalk phone line /internet connection to a connection opperated by another telecoms company ? If you have then maybe you have you have to use a different port number for sending in the configuration of Outlook?

see port comments on post : https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Email-Webmail/To-SSL-or-Not-to-SSL-that-is-the-Question/m-p/1987...

Hope this helps - (Webmail should work from any telecoms company, though).

OCE_Ady

Hi Scuttyoftheyard, has wgcuser got you sorted now? If not please let us know.

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Scuttyoftheyard
Team Player

No. Tried using the settings suggested and got this: Send test e-mail message: Cannot send the message. Verify the e-mail address in your account properties.  The server responded: 530 5.1.0 6Em5f8eUAKo07 Authentication Required (TT401)

wgcuser
Wise Owl
Solution

Sorry to hear that news about Outlook my Outlook 2007 settings (I'm on a TalkTalk phone line) are :-Outlook POPOutlook POP

Scuttyoftheyard
Team Player

Thank you! By copying these settings into a new outlook account my problem seems to have been solved. 

Scuttyoftheyard
Team Player

I might have spoken too soon......test messages sent ok but now I'm not getting the incoming emails showing......HELP!!!!

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Scuttyoftheyard

You should untick Require logon using Secure Password Authentication (SPA).  Apart from that the other settings are ok.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Give Likes below to appreciate my help . . . and to help others Best Answer

Scuttyoftheyard
Team Player

Tried that. No good I'm afraid.

Gondola
Community Star

...what error response are you getting?

Scuttyoftheyard
Team Player

I'm not getting an error response at all. Just not receiving emails to my outlook inbox. I wonder if there is something else I need to rset in outlook?

Gondola
Community Star

Tiscali email settings

Just double check the settings. Port numbers, SSL ticked, username and password correct.

What have you set up? POP3 ?

You were receiving emails previously.  Are you sure there are emails to collect?

Scuttyoftheyard
Team Player

I think I've sorted it. Because I set up a new outlook account name I needed to send incoming emails to the old account name in order to see them, if that makes sense! Everything I was missing now seems to be there, so fingers crossed all is good! Thanks everyone for their help.

OCE_Ady

Great stuff. Thanks for posting back to let us know.