email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server Error 453

Rolphy
First Timer
Message 6 of 6

Every year around now I send around 50 emails to my base of clients, around 200-250 recipients in total, never had a problem before however, I'm now getting this message saying "too many recipients" and I've been getting this message for about 2 1/2 hours. Having read through some bits I see it may be a cap that has been imposed by the ISP to fight against possible spamming, however, I also read that the "counter" resets every hour. If this is the case, is there something wrong?

The exact wording on my most recent email response through my Window (Outlook) emails from Systems Administrator is : 

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject:     5

Sent:  13/11/2018 13:33

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

'david' on 13/11/2018 13:33

Server error: '453 4.1.1 MYV4gyml8a8XP Too Many Recipients (TT502)'

Any help appreciated as I'm currently stumped!

Thanks David

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Gondola is right as always, the limits are set across the board there's no facility to get it changed per user. As Gondola suggests you can spread out your sending to get them out. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Hi David

I don't think the email admins will amend the sending limits as this is usually considered a 'policy' thing. But I'll alert Ady just in case there's an issue with the account.

Just to clarify, if you send one email to your database of 250 recipients you would split that mailshot up into 5 groups of no more than 50 recipients per group and spread sending out over 5 hours so that you don't exceed the 50 recipients per hour. i.e. one group each hour.

Each day you could send your database of 250 recipients 2 unique emails spread out over 10 hours. More than that and the 500 recipients per day limit will trigger.

It doesn't feel like much but TalkTalk Mail, just like other residential email services, isn't provided for bulk sending. If the limits, essentially there for spam protection, are hampering your emailing then a Bulk email service might be better as you'll be able to send one email to your entire client base and multiple emails per day to the entire client base.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like (below) to support me . . . Mark as solved (below)  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi Again

Just wondered if there is a way to increase the limit? It's happened to me again but I've certainly not sent over 50 emails in an hour nor 500 in a day. I have sent many to my client base, maybe to a couple of hundred recipients spread over about 10 emails, I assume therefore the limit includes recipients as well as emails?

Thanks for help.

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 4 of 6

Hi David, did you have any further issues or did Gondola give you the "Best Answer"?

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

Hi @Rolphy

Sending limit guideline is typically 50 email recipients per hour or 500 per day. (spam protection limited).  Sending limits apply to sending from the UK only.

The error message indicates you've exceeded the daily sending limit.  You'll need to wait 24 hours after the last successful send for the daily counter to be reset.

So, the fix is to try tomorrow and it'll be successful.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like (below) to support me . . . Mark as solved (below)  Accept as Solution