email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Session keeps on expiring

bjlee-43
First Timer
Message 13 of 13

My email has become unstable showing the following message - "Your session has expired"

please sign again to continue. Also I have to sign in twice. Not able to complete mail before the programme closes.

WJLEE
0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Hi Bill,

That's great news, thanks for letting us know 

Chris

Message 2 of 13

Tracker blocking will be deleting those very cookies you need to keep. A Chrome reset would have removed the AVG extension to prove AVG was at fault. But you would then need to disable AVG anti-track at least for TalkTalk Mail and TalkTalk websites or they will simply fail to work correctly. 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

Message 3 of 13

Hi Chris, 

I seem to have resolved the signing out problem which I think was caused by some AVG software called Antitrack which was monitring the Googl Browser.

Thanks for your interest.

Regards

Bill

WJLEE
0 Likes

Message 4 of 13

Hi Gondola

I have followed your advice and instigated the suggested measures, but unfortunately the signout box persisted. I then remembered that my AVG virus software introduced a piece of additional software called AntiTrack which monitors any browsers you may have on your computer. I investigated and found that it was tracking Google Chrome and other browsers, and suspected that It may be disrupting its running. I turned off the action for Google and ran Talktalk for 40 mins and the box has not returned.

Hopefully this may help other users frustrated by the problem.

Many thanks for your help.

Regards

Bill

WJLEE
0 Likes

Message 5 of 13

OK Bill, let us know how you get on (you could try Gondola's suggestion too)

Chris

Message 6 of 13

Hi Chris

I have looked at changing the browser, which I think will perhaps be the next option. I have come across a question someone raised concering Microsoft edge browser which they say is singning him out on talktalk. The anser given is to disable site permissions. Certainly pointing towards a browser fault.

Regards

Bill

WJLEE
0 Likes

Message 7 of 13

Hi bjlee-43 

The Chrome setting to select is the Advanced > Reset and clean up > Restore settings to their original defaults.  There's also a computer clean up option to check for malware on the computer.

Enter this in the Chrome address bar: chrome://settings/resetProfileSettings

This will take you direct to that setting.   Select the button to Reset settings.  Then retry the TalkTalk Mail sign in.

Message 8 of 13

Hi Bill,

Are you able to try a different Internet browser?

Chris

Message 9 of 13

Hi Chris- TalkTalk, 

Thanks for your interest.

Good advice from Gondola which I followed through but found some diffculty in resolving the issues of extensins and add ons to chrome.

Regards

Bill

WJLEE
0 Likes

bjlee-43
First Timer
Message 10 of 13

Hi Gondola,

Thanks for your response and suggestions. I have followed them right through but hit some difficulty with browser entensions and add ons. I opened more tools and extensions in Chrome to find it refers me to Chrome Web Store not commands where I could make changes.

Regards 

Bill

WJLEE
0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 11 of 13

Hi bjlee-43,

I can see that Gondola has offered you some excellent advice, please let us know how you get on

Chris

Gondola
Community Star
Message 12 of 13

Hi bjlee-43 

When you sign in to TalkTalk Mail webmail you see that there's a Stay signed in tick box. There's also in the main menu and Settings menu item an Automatic sign out setting, that you can set to disable, otherwise that would bring up a window just prior to signing you out.

But to keep you signed in requires session cookies to be set and retained.  If you have some software that's blocking or deleting those session cookies, either as stand alone software or as a browser extension or add-on, then the system will expire the session.

Try a different browser or clear the browser cache, history and cookies to remove any corrupted cookies and restart the browser with extensions and add-ons disabled.