email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting / recovering my email password

johne53
Conversation Starter
Message 7 of 7

After today's havoc with Tiscali emails going down, it's come back but is now asking for my password. I've tried the ones I thought it might be but they all get rejected... so how / where do I go in order to change to a new password for one of the old Tiscali email accounts?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Thanks for taking the time to post back and let us know it's working. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Many thanks guys. It's back to working normally again this morning - so while it's all working I'll leave it alone!!

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 7

Hi johne53, has Gondola helped you get this sorted?

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 4 of 7

Hi johne53 

I've just successfully tested a mail send that requested the password to authenticate the sending. The previous fail to send obviously cleared the password but entering the current password authenticated the send and the mail arrived in a Gmail Inbox. 

So it might now be appropriate to change the password. When you do upgrade the password remember to save / remember the password in the email client before sending so it's there saved for the next send. Let us know how you get on.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

johne53
Conversation Starter
Message 5 of 7

Okay and thanks for the quick reply - I'll leave it for a day or two to let things settle back down.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

Hi johne53 

I don't recommend changing a password at this point as when the mail systems are fully recovered the password will be verified as good.

However, if you do need to change a password then the Reset your password now button in the help article  Changing your email password will take you to password reset and recovery. 

If the email address is still active on the TalkTalk Mail platform and you have set up password recovery options, in advance, that you recognise from the *****hints, then you can send your alternate email address a link or your mobile a 6-digit code to authorise a password reset.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution