email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up TalkTalk email on an Apple device fails

watercolour
Team Player
Message 11 of 11

I have posted this issue but I thought I would start a new thread (as someone has suggested).

I am having trouble adding an existing TT email account to both iOS Mail on an iPad and Thunderbird on a MacBook Pro (High Sierra).  I suspect when I get round to it I will also have the same problem on an iMac!

Thunderbird (TB) automatically produces the wrong settings when you try auto, so I have to manually change them.  I have adopted the recommended TT settings (for IMAP) and the result is as shown on the attached image.

I have checked and re-checked the account name and password - they are correct.

I have updated my profile to show the offending account name for TT to sort out.

Thanks.

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

That's the fix that's been put in place. Thanks for posting back to let us know it's sorted. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 11

As if by magic!  It's fixed.

The fault disappeared this morning and the login now works on all Apple devices.

It is a mystry why Thunderbird doesnt fill in the proper access addresses by leaving off the "@talktalk.net" - but it now works.

Thanks to both OCE_Ady, and Gondola.

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 11

Hi watercolour, your email address is affected by the incident. You can keep track of progress on the service status page

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

R.  Your case has been escalated separately on your own thread. Your settings will work via the insecure IMAP server, for the moment. Discuss on your own thread.

Your settings are not those used by @watercolour who is the person seeking help here.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

Message 5 of 11

@Gondola wrote:

R.  Your case has been escalated separately on your own thread

I appreciate that Gondola, but what I was attempting to do here, was to compare the Thunderbird settings shown in the watercolour .pdf, which you agreed were correct, but don't apparently work, and the Thunderbird settings for my #3 account, which are different, but do work; although by all accounts, shouldn't!

What am I not seeing?

Thunderbird Server IMAP.png

Thunderbird Server SMTP.png

0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

R.  Your case has been escalated separately on your own thread

0 Likes

Message 7 of 11

@Gondola wrote:

Those should be your full email address.

Huh, if wishes were horses eh .........

Screen Shot 2018-08-09 at 19.08.38.png

.... still doesn't work, even with the full email address!

0 Likes

Message 8 of 11

@Gondola wrote:                                              

Those should be your full email address. 

...... but not if is a iCloud account.  I wonder, if this is significant in some obscure way?  Na, coudn't be, could it?

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 9 of 11

Hi @watercolour

Just clarify something for me. The account setup in the attached pdf looks ok except the incoming and outgoing username(s).  Those should be your full email address.  I'm guessing it is in the real world and that acc.junk is just something you've put in the image?

Escalated to the OCE's for attention.

0 Likes

TheHornedOne
Insightful One
Message 10 of 11

Have a look at this thread @watercolour, I think it pretty-much puts the existing no email client TalkTalk email access situation into perspective!

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Email-Webmail/problems-with-reporting-TalkTalk-problems-to-TalkT...

You might want to cut to the 09-08-2018 04:44 PM post at some point, if you find the going a bit heavy!

0 Likes