email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So, who deleted all my sent mails today,?

durdle
Enlightened One
Message 9 of 9

All I've got left are the three I sent earlier. 

johno
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Thanks for confirming that.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

It's not so much that I sorted anything,  more like something went doolally and then corrected itself. It all seems pretty stable now,  though, and working the way Gondola described (ps: I'm grateful for the information he provided; I'll check my IMAP settings later.)

johno

Message 3 of 9

Hi durdle, thanks for letting us know you got it sorted. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 4 of 9

Hi durdle 

It's not usual to have two Sent folders. And only one of those would be the one synchronised to the online mailbox Sent objects.

I'd suggest removing the mail account from the android app, powering off to ensure full removal, repowering and setting up the mail app afresh for an IMAP email account.

All TalkTalk Consumer mailboxes use the same Email Settings as below:

On setting up the email software incoming and outgoing server settings have the mobile online so the settings can get verified. You'll need the email password for both the incoming and outgoing servers so have the current password ready (same password as used for webmail).

Account Type  IMAP
Username Full email address
Password Email password
Incoming mail server mail.talktalk.net
Incoming Port (IMAP) 993
Incoming Connection Security SSL/TLS (or Use SSL on switch for mobile)
Outgoing mail server smtp.talktalk.net
Outgoing Port 587
Outgoing Connection Security STARTTLS (or Use SSL on switch for mobile)
Outgoing Authentication Required Select Sign in on
Authentication Method Normal Password

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like (below) to support me . . . Mark as solved (below)  Accept as Solution

Message 5 of 9

Thanks but everything is back in place now. I did actually try closing the mail app and powering my phone off and back on but that hadn't made any difference an hour or so back. Its all OK now,  so maybe it just took time. 

I'm using IMAP and looking for mails in both of the two Sent folders showing in my account. One of them shows a severely truncated mail list unless I swipe up to load older mails,  in which case sometimes I stay with the truncated list and sometimes I see a load more of the contents of the folder. The other Sent folder does much the same but tends to show the extended list more often. I'm not sure what's happening but I haven't previously observed this 'now you see them now you don't' situation. At least I know everything is still in place,  so I'll just watch what happens for a while. 

johno
0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

As far as I know, no changes. It would be a major departure from normal operation to remove sent mail messages. 

Is the Android email app set up as an IMAP account? No settings to limit mail to recent mail only to save local memory?

If there's been a download glitch it's sometimes worth closing the email app, powering off the phone and then restarting to force a synchronisation to the online mailbox assuming the local sent folder is synced to the online Sent objects.

durdle
Enlightened One
Message 7 of 9

It seems,  on checking webmail, that all my sent mails are,  in fact, still intact. Its just on the Android mail so that,  all of a sudden,  I can only see my last three. Has something changed? 

johno
0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 8 of 9

Hi durdle 

In TalkTalk Mail so long as the mailbox is not full then mail that's successfully sent is copied to the Sent objects folder. 

TalkTalk don't delete mail in Sent objects. 

If using an email client or app with the email address set up as an IMAP account then so long as sent mail is synchronised to the online Sent objects folder and that sync takes place then when the mail messages leave the outbox they're going to be found in the online Sent objects folder. 

Where would you normally look for sent mail?