email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some contacts do not receive my emails

KannyKen
Whizz Kid
Message 28 of 28

Does anyone have this problem?

I have a comtact also on TalkTalk and we both serve on a committee so need to send regular emails to each other. For the past two years he is unable to receive my emails from my main email account which is a .homecall.co.uk address. I created an alternative email account using the same name but a .talktalk.net address and he can receive from that. But as the world and his dog know me by my .homecall.co.uk address I stick with that and for him forwards it to my ipad and forward it via my .cloud.com account.

Now today  someone who belongs to another organisation with me chased me about attending a meeting because he had not heard from me. So I resent my email that I sent last week from my .homercall.co.uk account but he receieved nothing until I resent via my ipad .icloud.com account. He uses gmail. Until this month I have been successfully sending him emails from my .homecall.co.uk account.

Any Ideas please?

Some people call me Victor Meldrew. I don't believe it!
0 Likes
27 REPLIES 27

Message 1 of 28

Great stuff, thanks for posting back to let us know it's sorted. If you get a similar issue again it's best to both check your blocked senders list. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 28

Thank you. I can communicate withe my colleague again now.

Message 3 of 28

I've just had a chat with a colleague and he checked the recipients blocked senders list that I'd previously checked and it seems your mail address was in there. It's been removed so you should now be able to send mail to them again. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 4 of 28

It's probably worth just checking your email sending ability daily then. If you post back to ask for updates I can check for you. 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 28

Thank you for rasing the fault ticket. Just to remind you I receive emails from my colleague but he never receives mine.

As regards updates by text messages we have no mobilel signal at our house and it is hit and miss in the area so getting messages involves wandering the streets in a random manner to find a signal. Next time I am wandering I will check.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 28

It really does sound like one of you has blocked the other. I've raised the fault ticket for further investigation. You'll get updates by text message. Please let us know how you get on. 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 28

@Ady-TalkTalkThe only "Blocked senders list" I can locates is in my email client  MS Outlook and neither address is on that list.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 28

Can you just check that you don't have your own email address or that of your contact in the blocked senders list please?

0 Likes

Message 9 of 28

@Ady-TalkTalkThank you for the update. I sent a simple text email and it was not received. I have no TT reject message.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 28

Hi KannyKen, unfortunately we don't have as much access to Homecall mailboxes as we do to TalkTalk or Tiscali ones. I've made a repair to your recipients mailbox. If you still can't send mail to it and you're not receiving TT mail reject codes then I'll have to raise the fault ticket for you. 

0 Likes

Message 11 of 28

Hi KannyKen

In summary, you're convinced you're doing everything correctly and your emails should get to a talktalk.net customer colleague. Apparently they're not seen by that colleague despite there being absolutely no reject bounceback message which you would get unless the return-path address is directing elsewhere. But they do get to several other email accounts including a talktalk.net account so there can't be much wrong with sending and receiving Homecall emails per se.

You've put the Homecall email address in Private Notes so the best course of action is for TalkTalk's email expert to have a look at your Homecall account, and the emails that are being sent to your TalkTalk colleague, to try and identify the problem. Add to Private Notes your colleague's talktalk.net email address with a note about it being the one that doesn't get your emails.

@Ady-TalkTalk ?

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 12 of 28

I feel that no one believes that I am competent enough to be correct in what I report. Everything that has been suggested to me over the past few days I have tried many many times before and I only repeated them to be polite but enough is enough. I have been using email for 25 years and was on the internet before the world wide web was invented. In early days a wrong character did not simply cause an error in what you were doing but gave the dreaded message "Redo from start" which meant power off and start the whole process again, so believe me I am very used to entering data correctly!

As regards whether I enter the email name corectly being the cause of the problem, that idea is hogwash if you study the thread. Other colleagues send to the talktalk.net colleague frequently yet he never receives my comments which go to the address entered by the first successful sender. When I compare the email address others use with the one I use they match in every point, letter and symbol.

I am no longer going to defend myself and as for suggesting my coleague's system is the source of the problem that is an easy charge to make but impossible for me to defend because all that information is under the confidential control of the recipient.

At an event today I recounted my bad experiences to a man who runs a very successful business and pays great attention to saving money. He said the safest, cheapest and securest way to manage email is to register a personal domain name for a few pounds a year and then set up personal email addresses  under that domain.

So my plan is now to put myself in a defensible postion with matters under my control that will allow me to decouple myself from talktalk at a pace and in a manner that will depend on how the service is in future. Once I have reliable email set up it makes changing isp much simpler.

TalkTalk service is like the curate's egg...

Bishop: "I'm afraid you've got a bad egg, Mr Jones"; Curate: "Oh, no, my Lord, I assure you that parts of it are excellent!

0 Likes

Message 13 of 28

@Gondolawrote:

@KannyKenwrote: I get no such response when my emails are not received

Exactly my point. You don't get an error message because your emails are received somewhere. They were received by your own talktalk.net address and others.  So why wouldn't they be received by your colleague?

If you got the email address wrong but were sending to another valid address then you wouldn't get a TT506 bounceback.

Check the Reply-to email address. The Reply-to email address can be made, by the sender, to be different to the sender's From address.

Check by typing the address, checking that full stops . are present or not. same with _ and - Also no leading spaces.

I too noticed an incorrect Reply-to address when a relatives mailbox was hacked - nearly sent money to get them out of Madrid jail !!

I'd suggest establishing and using a gmail address - I found it took only one or two mails to my 150 contacts telling them of the change before the all started using my new address. As far as I'm aware my gmails get through (touch wood)!

0 Likes

Message 14 of 28

@KannyKen wrote: I get no such response when my emails are not received

Exactly my point. You don't get an error message because your emails are received somewhere. They were received by your own talktalk.net address and others.  So why wouldn't they be received by your colleague?

If you got the email address wrong but were sending to another valid address then you wouldn't get a TT506 bounceback.

Check the Reply-to email address. The Reply-to email address can be made, by the sender, to be different to the sender's From address.

Message 15 of 28

My colleague's email address is the same it has been for years. Many of my previous tests have been made replying to emails I receive from him. If he intiates an email conversation or joins one in response to a responder to a conversation I start, his emails always reach me.  He has checked all his possible folders many times.

As I said when I started this current thread the same thing has started spontaneously, out of the blue, with another contact. In his case it also included me aswering emails from him.

The symptons of a wrong email address are totally different but I was so surprised by your suggestion that I just confirmed it using my account in question and one of my other accounts. This is the immediate response i get in both accounts when I put a deliberate error in my colleague's email address.

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.     

Delivery to the following recipients was aborted after 1 second(s):

* xxxxx@talktalk.net

Reason: The following message to xxxxx@talktalk.net was undeliverable.The reason for the problem:  550 5.1.1 ypGFevIl0wo1f Recipient Invalid (TT506)

I get no such response when my emails are not received

0 Likes

Message 16 of 28

Hi KannyKen

The test email reaches your talktalk.net address and other email addresses. You don't get a bounceback message telling you that your email has been rejected from your colleague with the talktalk.net address.

I think that's more than enough proof that the issue is not with you, unless you've got your colleague's current email address wrong. You have double-checked that address?

If your colleague's email address is correct then your emails will get there. If so, what is your colleague doing with them?  I still suspect the email address is wrong or the emails are sent to the recipient's Trash folder.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 28

Thank you for your suggestions. I have already basically tested everything to exhaustion over the couple of years I  have had the problem with my colleague who has a talktalk.net email address. It had beaten me into submission and I learnt to live with. For instance, if another colleague on our committee sends a "reply all", then the colleague who did not see the original email would catch up with the thread because he would see any responses to me.

However, just lately a colleague in another organisation chased me for not responding and it turns out that he is now consistently not getting emails from me to his gmail account whereas two months ago he definitely was. He confirms it is not going into  hist junk folder.

That all said, I still did the test you suggested by sending a one line email to the colleague with the talktalk.net address and copied it to another .homecall.co.uk address I have, to a talktalk.net address I have, to my .cloud.com address on my ipad and blind copied it to my homecall.co.uk address that I send from. All four copies reached me immediately so that means three email servers handled it correctly.

As an after thought, I just sent another test to a gmail account I use for a community website I run. That arrived instantly too.

My colleague with the talktalk.net address did not receive the email.

0 Likes

wgcuser
Wise Owl
Message 18 of 28

Try composing a test messages that does not contain any Links or Images.

You could also Blind Carbon Copy (Bcc) yourself at your sending address or yourself at another address that you might own to see if messages are being delivered / sent.

Others have had similar problems, maybe this thread may help?

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Email-Webmail/Emails-Sent-But-Not-Received-by-recipient/td-p/134...

0 Likes

Message 19 of 28

Hi KannyKen, my colleague who had Homecall access isn't in today, but is back in tomorrow. I'll have to speak to him then and post back to let you know if there's anything we can see that might be wrong with the account. 

0 Likes

Message 20 of 28

Thank you @Gondola. The email address I use ia already in my profile.

0 Likes